Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where can I find cheap over-the-bump maternity jeans for the large of backside?

(20 Posts)
StrawberriesAndScream Sun 19-Jun-11 08:57:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elizabethsiddal Sun 19-Jun-11 09:19:21

red herring's Maternity Jeans at Debenhams seem to be ultra generous. It has taken me almost my entire pregnancy to get big enough to fill them!

StrawberriesAndScream Sun 19-Jun-11 09:43:34

babydust27 Sun 19-Jun-11 10:31:03

try dorothy perkins, they do size 20's and have 20% off all weekend.

They have some nice bits in their sale too in 18's and 20's

babydust27 Sun 19-Jun-11 10:34:13

oh and also have a look at this link

http://www.justmaternityjeans.com/plus-size-maternity-jeans

ive heard really good things about this website

melliebobs Sun 19-Jun-11 10:38:28

have you tried next?! I was looking in there yesterday

also ASOS

StrawberriesAndScream Sun 19-Jun-11 10:50:38

Prinpo Sun 19-Jun-11 12:52:01

I have a pair of size 18 M&S ones in very good condition which I'm happy to donate. Sadly, they're under the bump and they do slide down but it was suggested that wearing braces might help confused. I'm getting towards the end of my pregnancy and was planning to charity shop them but I'm happy to send them to you if you're interested. (I won't be offended if you're not as the under the bump ones really are a pita.)

perrinelli Sun 19-Jun-11 14:30:33

I have some size 18 next over the bump ones that I find really comfy but being quite chunky-thighed found I needed to go up to 18 from my usual 16, not sure if they do a 20 or not - you have to set up an online credit account which is a bit of a faff but then ordering and doing returns is really easy. I think they were £26 - not super cheap but I have literally been wearing them every day except when they're in the wash, and I'm about to pop now.

buttonmoon78 Sun 19-Jun-11 18:04:54

Mine are Next. They were £25 and are really comfy. I don't have an account so I just note down the stock no and order them instore. If you pay £2 you can have them delivered to the house next day.

I've worn them at least 4-5 times a week since 16 weeks and now at 34 weeks they look as good as new smile

Fluter Sun 19-Jun-11 18:09:38

I wear braces with mine smile
And they're over the bump ones from Jojo maman bebe. I live in them, and their sizing appears to be quite generous. I was a pear shape 21 weeks ago, and 2.5 stone later (and twins) am quite broad in the behind. Again, they weren't cheap - about £35, but I'm living in them. So much so I think it's worth investing in another pair.

StrawberriesAndScream Sun 19-Jun-11 18:33:46

mejon Sun 19-Jun-11 20:36:42

What leg length are you after? I've got some LaRedoute over the bump jeans that I've shortened to 27" that you're welcome to have. There's a bit of extra fabric in the hem to lengthen them if needed. They are a 20 and both the waistband and the over-bump panel have separate adjustable elastic-y bits. PM me if you're interested.

LadyOfTheCuntryManor Sun 19-Jun-11 20:47:36

Urm I'm not sure what size Mamas and Papas go up to but the maternity jeans I've bought from there are elasticated on the front (under or over bump) but normal jean-waist around the back so they don't go anywhere.

THey have a sale on atm, I popped in yesterday and got some for £12 reduced was £42.

Bargain.

smellyeli Sun 19-Jun-11 20:52:43

Asda! Have some great black ones. Also, they do some fab black yoga pants with a stretchy panel and I have lived in them for the last 2 weeks. Literally. I smell.

Also consider legging and long tops?? Boden have some great leggings which are almost worth the cost - they come up quite large so go for a size below. They wash well and are super comfy.

My H and M jeans are in a size 22 I think - I am normally a 16-18 - and barely fit me now, thigh-wise. They clearly do not recognise that well known condition known as total body pregnancy and think that the only thing that gets biger is people's tummies.

BatFlattery Sun 19-Jun-11 20:54:06

Would also suggest Next - when I was pregnant I had some H&M maternity jeans but they didn't last me the whole pregnancy, so got a replacement pair from Next (over-bump) and they lasted right up until the last day. They were very generously cut, comfortable and reasonably priced.

LadyOfTheCuntryManor Sun 19-Jun-11 20:55:05

I might go to H&M as I only get a bigger bump and my Next ones have huge thigh space (I go up to a 14-16 when pg but only have a 32" back-go figure)

smellyeli Sun 19-Jun-11 20:56:48

Lady, am very envy! They are good jeans though, if only my thighs weren't so mahoosive!

LadyOfTheCuntryManor Sun 19-Jun-11 21:00:26

In that case the Redoute ones are fab, lots of leg space! I have to wash them after one wear to stop them giving my saggy thighs and a saggy bum!

MotherPanda Sun 19-Jun-11 21:29:07

Peacocks maternity jeans are quite generous, and cheap smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now