Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

24 weeks and not feeling baby kick, should I panic?

(15 Posts)
LDNmummy Sat 18-Jun-11 23:55:59

My little girl has so far been a very active and lively bubs. For the last few days I haven't felt her kick. I have felt what I thought were movements, but no kicking. Her movements are also few and far between and I am thinking about going to the hospital tomorrow.

I had a check up on Monday and her heartbeat was fine, is she just getting big for the space so moving around less?

RitaMorgan Sun 19-Jun-11 00:00:12

A change in activity should always be checked out - I'd go to the hospital as soon as you can.

triskaidekaphile Sun 19-Jun-11 00:00:47

I would definitely go to the hospital tomorrow and get some reassurance. It's possible her movements are getting smaller as she gets bigger and more cramped. Is she your first?

LilyBolero Sun 19-Jun-11 00:02:26

Don't panic, but do get any change checked out. You can try to get her moving by drinking some cold sugary drink (orange squash is good), and lie down on your left side for half an hour. Or have a bath and drizzle water on the bump - that used to get mine moving!

I'm sure it will be fine, but don't hesitate to get checked out.

Paribus Sun 19-Jun-11 00:06:13

Did you try having a sugary drink, having some rest and being attentive for some time to see if you feel any movements? If you did and you feel nothing, then TBH, I would go to the hospital now if you can master it, or the first thing tomorrow morning (but I wouldn't wait until the morning if i'm completely honest with you). 24 weeks is not exactly the time for them to be that big that you can't feel them kicking- usually it happens later on. Don't want to scare you really and i hope everything is absolutely fine!

hellymelly Sun 19-Jun-11 00:08:42

I second the getting checked,and also the sugary drink-they fed me quality street and a sweet drink in the scan room to get DD2 moving so they could look at her properly. Any activity change is worth checking-you may feel as though you are making a fuss but worrying is horrible for you and it makes sense to get properly looked at.

LDNmummy Sun 19-Jun-11 00:11:31

Thanks guys for the quick responses, was becoming a little worried so good to hear from others.

I am going to go to the hospital first thing tomorrow. I will wait it out tonight to see if she starts moving around a bit. Will try a sugary drink and some cold water now too.

Thanks again!

Having a baby can be so scary sometimes blush

yummymango Sun 19-Jun-11 08:21:57

LDNmummy, I just had the same thing at 25 weeks, previously very very active then almost nothing for 2 days. Went to the hospital and they monitored the heartbeat and movement, everything turned out fine, they said she had probably just moved position and was kicking backward so I couldn't feel it.
Don't be worried about going, that's is what they are there for. Good luck!

sodthehousework Sun 19-Jun-11 08:24:56

Good luck! Hope everything is ok when you get checked out.

triskaidekaphile Sun 19-Jun-11 11:02:30

Good luck today, LDNmummy.

LDNmummy Sun 19-Jun-11 19:46:02

Hey everyone, thanks for the well wishes smile

I went to the hospital and the baby is fine. I am in a whole load of pain which they think is weight pressing down on my kidney area or some sort of muscular tubing that connects to it.

Its so painful I can't stand up straight which I didn't know could be part of pregnancy confused

They gave me some painkillers and I am just glad to know bubs is healthy and happy in there and was just having a restful week. I am glad I went, it was good to hear all is well, thanks for the advice.

ThePathanKhansWoman Sun 19-Jun-11 19:48:15

Thats great news, glad alls well.

hellymelly Sun 19-Jun-11 22:21:50

Good news- although I'm sorry you are in pain- it must be nice to be able to heave a sigh of relief and relax a bit.

triskaidekaphile Sun 19-Jun-11 23:53:34

Very glad all is well with the baby.smile Hope the pain is better soon.

CrazyAlien06 Mon 20-Jun-11 05:38:39

Glad everything is fine smile sorry you are in pain.
I ve had the same thing yday, i got kicks when I chilled out at home last night though. Am keeping a very close eye on them today and if they are still fewer I'm off to hospital after work- which department did u go to??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now