Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd baby, big surprise and in a daze!

(11 Posts)
mumnosbest Sat 18-Jun-11 22:04:55

Just found out I' expecting 3rd baby and am in shock. Apart from all the normal fears and the fact my last was over 3 yrs ago, I'm worried this could upset our happy little family of 4. Anyone else in/been in same situation? Not sure how far along but I think about 5-6wks

howabout Sun 19-Jun-11 08:00:00

I am expecting my 3rd (I am 28wks). We already have 2 DDs of 10 and 8 and I am ancient so shock was a bit of an understatement. We kept it all v quiet till we had time to think it through as a couple.

However I always wanted 3DC and we just hadn't got round to it so now that we have got our heads round the practicalities we are v happy. We have an Estate car so room for 3 in the back and the DC bedroom will accommodate all 3.

The DDs are also really excited and the younger one is looking forward to being a big sister although I think she might be a bit conflicted at her loss of youngest status.

What gap do you have between your other 2?

puzzletree Sun 19-Jun-11 08:01:25

Hi, I'm expecting my third too. Have a 4yo and 2yo already. Wasn't 100% planned, and I suspect my partner feels the same as you but I'm pretty excited although a little concerned about how the dynamics will work with a new baby. The boys get on so well as a little team of two now. Anyway, come and join us on the february 2012 antenatal thread. There are plenty of people on their third or more, and plenty with surprise pregnancies, I'm sure you will find sympathy and reassurance there.

ajandjjmum Sun 19-Jun-11 08:04:02

Congratulations to all of you - and I'm sure that your families will soon seem like there was meant to be 3 children!

mumnosbest Sun 19-Jun-11 11:19:53

Thanks all for supportive comments. I have DS 6 and DD 3. I'm sure things will feel better when the shock has worn off. Like puzzletree,my 2 DC get on so well and one of my biggest worries is that 1 of them will become the 3rd wheel. I've got a boy and girl,so whatever I have next someone will be the odd one out. Then there are practical things like who is going to have to share their room. I also went back to work 2yrs ago and am just getting my career back on track. I don't mean to sound so negative,I actually am quite excited and wake up really happy untill I get thinking,So many things to think about!

claricestar Sun 19-Jun-11 12:43:39

Hi
same here...I'm expecting number 3 which was a complete surprise. I'm about 7 weeks but had negative tests for a couple of weeks before 2 lines came up on the test! DS is 5 and DD is 1. They share a room already. It is all a bit unreal at the moment like it's happening to someone else. I veer between excited and "oh shit what have I done!".
Nice to be able to chat to others in the same boat!

mumnosbest Sun 19-Jun-11 12:52:34

That's just how I feel claricestar. Glad I'm not alone. hopefully a few months from now we'll be laughing at how silly we were to worry and the shock might have worn off too smile

PIMSoclock Sun 19-Jun-11 13:41:54

This is why I love mumsnet!!
Just found out I'm pregnant with number 3. Have one at six, one at 11 months and work full time.
I'm delighted and terrifies. Really looking forward to it, but life is soo perfect just now, I'm worried about how I'll cope with it all.
Lovely to know I'm not alone xxx

Coppernoddle Sun 19-Jun-11 14:20:08

I'm exactly the same! Unexpected number three and was very happy with our family of four! Just getting our life back, two dd, 4&5, noth be at school September, both skiing as a family etc! Just gone back to work and found out I'm expecting! I'm now 32 weeks and having a very difficult pregnancy but have to say, I'm more exited for this one than ever!, both girls are so exited! They can't wait! There going to be little mummy's too! I got rid of all my stuff so have had to buy it all again which in a way is nice as it makes it even more exiting having a new nursery, new pushchair and everything else you have to buy! It took me a while to get my head round it and the first weekend after we found out I spent the whole weekend crying my eyes out! But there are so many families in this world with three children! It's not the end of the world and I'll bet you'll enjoy it just as much as your other two! Didn't realise how much I loved the attention of having a bump and a wiggly little being inside me! X x
Big congratulations and enjoy it!! X x

sunface Mon 20-Jun-11 11:37:35

SNAP! i'm 25weeks with my 3rd, have 2 girls already, 4 and 8 and this has thrown us, in a good way, big time! Same concerns as all of you mind you, i'm working at the moment and find i barely have time for my 2 DC never mind adding a 3rd to the equation, our car realistically isn't big enough but we can't (and dont' really want to anyway!) afford to buy another one. We have 3bedrooms but don't know the sex of this little one (assuming its another girl though!) so kids could easliy share. think we're going with the approach that it'll all work out fine and we'll adjust, without dwelling too much on the practical, financial side of things! x

nunnie Mon 20-Jun-11 11:46:10

I am 28 weeks with number 3, I have one DD of 4 and a DS of 8 months. Apart from needing extension and probable new larger car and a double pram I am slowly coming round to the idea.

I haven't got used to my family of 4 yet, so adding another into the mix so soon will hopefully not upset the non existent balance we currently have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now