Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any 'good' induction stories!

(9 Posts)
LDNlady Sat 18-Jun-11 20:32:29

I'm due to be induced tomorrow and all I can find are horrible stories about induction and seeing as I'm nervous enough as it is I was just wondering if anyone has anything positive to say? <scared>

cece Sat 18-Jun-11 20:34:25

Yes I had two healthy babies due to being induced. smile

fairy1978 Sat 18-Jun-11 21:09:06

Hi, I was induced with my first, 2 days before my due date. I was only in labour for just under 4 hours and had quite an easy labour.

I think that people always tell you the horror stories - not sure why though??

Good luck

LifeOfKate Sat 18-Jun-11 21:15:33

I had a good time too, 25 hours from start of induction to delivery, 10 hours active labour, healthy baby, all good smile

I think you hear more horror stories because people are keen to tell their birth stories if they didn't have a great time, as it is obviously playing on their mind, and those who had a good time don't really have anything to tell except that it was good! One of my closest friends was induced too and she had a good time too smile

Godd Luck grin

Dartfordmummy Sat 18-Jun-11 22:04:33

I was induced with the gel and immediately went into labour - DS arrived 1hr 57 mins later!!

LDNlady Sat 18-Jun-11 22:15:38

Thank you ladies. I really dunno why it is that everyone likes to tell you the horror stories when you've never been through it and nervous as hell! And Dartfordmummy I sooooo want your labour! Wow! smile

babycarmen Sun 19-Jun-11 09:04:58

I was induced, they tried 3 times with the gel, nothing happened. So they broke my waters and my baby was born with no problems 1hr 53mins later smile Good luck!

TrinityIsAShreddingFatRhino Sun 19-Jun-11 09:07:53

I was induced with two of the three of my girls
the first and second

I felt it was no different to my third, failry quick, easy, no complications, healthy babies

<hugs> you'll be fine smile

LifeOfKate Sun 19-Jun-11 17:09:12

Hopefully it's all going well, come back and let us know how it went when you have time! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now