Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A little bit of a cry and comfort needed.

(8 Posts)
xkatyx Sat 18-Jun-11 18:43:22

Hello everyone,

I'm currently pregnant with twins so will be baby 4/5 was a complete shock as we were using contraceptives.

I have ds 8, dd 5, and a baby 5 months old.

Today I feel like crying as I'm so scared, my baby isn't sleeping through yet we have tried everything from controlled crying to bringing her in bed the lot! Anyway this wouldn't bother me apart from the fact these two babies will most properly be here in 5 months and I'm freaking out. How am I going to cope if she still wants feeding then?

Plus the last month or so she has gone from the most happiest baby ever to a bit of a crier. I love my kids to bits I wouldn't have them any other way I'm just really really scared how I am going to manage.

Dh said we should go out for a meal tom for fathers day but I know she will properly have a good old cry the whole time we are out.

Sorry for the whinge i just don't really know where else to go with it, dh is fab and just Sais we will be fine and how exciting it is.

Gooseberrybushes Sat 18-Jun-11 18:49:14

You poor thing, you must be worn out already. Positive things: your baby will probably revert back from being a bit of a crier by the time the twins are here. Also your dh sounds supportive - will he help out as much, as he's so positive about your pregnancy? And because you have twins you will be o ffered more support anyway, it's so special. I would resolve to ask for help and not be too proud to do so. I already feel rather tense on your behalf thinking how little sleep you're going to have - so I can imagine how you must be feeling! But with two at school you might be able to plan sleeps and also devolve some housework eg making packed lunches. Sorry not much help. Hope it works out.

bebemooneedsabreak Sat 18-Jun-11 18:50:37

lots of hugs...
5months and 'new' crier suggests teething to me. And remember the 5m will be 10m by the time the twins come and at 10m they're a lot easier again (or at least that's what I found) You'll do it. It'll be a tiring experience, but we moms manage somehow and find the joys in our children as we do. As my sister (who was in your pretty much exact position only her oldest was only 4) said; you manage, you find the time and energy you need for the important things and let the other things slide.
Remember to ask for help when you need it and take anyone (and everyone) up on offers how ever small they might be.
And take a few moments for yourself every day. Even if it's only a breather in the toilet.

more hugs

Gooseberrybushes Sat 18-Jun-11 18:51:04

Katy, may I make a suggestion. If you post in multiple births I'm sure you will get masses of help, support, advice and reassurance.

xkatyx Sat 18-Jun-11 18:56:27

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate all your advice and support.

I also thought teething I really hope it passes I was hoping for a couple of months sleep before it all started again.

My dh really is fantastic he does everything he can I feel guilty because I feel like a old woman at the moment just feel sick and exhausted all the time.

I will post in Multiples also thank you.

moregranny Sat 18-Jun-11 19:08:36

Big hug to you, my niece is 26 she has four daughters aged 10 , 7 ,3 , and a 3 month old, I think she may be pregnant again, they are a very happy little family and the children are adorable, house is always in uproar mind you but those little ones light up the world, try not to worry they aren't little for long, x

TransatlanticCityGirl Sat 18-Jun-11 19:58:05

I can totally understand where you are coming from - I don't even have one yet and am petrified.

But I kinda think of it like this - it'll probably be really really hard on you for the next couple of years, but imagine how fantastic it's going to feel when the worst is over, and you have all of that love in your house!! And when you are old and grey, you will have not 3, but 5 children who I'm sure will love you and care for you very much so you will never be alone.

xkatyx Sun 19-Jun-11 19:10:26

Aw thank you, we always wanted a big family and was always going to have baby number 4 lol just not so fast. But we are blessed I think maybe when I can start organising things I will feel more prepared and better about it all.

Thank you all for your support I really appreciate it and advice thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now