Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Precautionary help ?

(3 Posts)
Sumi76 Sat 18-Jun-11 17:48:19

Im 27w today and DH is down with the flu, cold and cough. What precautionary measure must I take except from staying away as much as possible ( a liitle difficult as we live in a flat !)

icravecheese Sat 18-Jun-11 18:00:12

Unfortunately not much you can do really (other than abstain from snogging him! But probably unlikely to want to anyway if he has the lurgy!).

My kids always seem to get terrible tum bugs / temps / cold / flu whenever I'm pregnant, & there really is nothing I can do to stay away from them (they only want mummy in those situations, not daddy!) so I usually end up catching some lurgy each pregnancy....if you are unlucky enough to catch it, make sure you drink plenty to stay hydrated, & lots of bed rest (don't be brave & battle on at work etc, just go to bed & enjoy the rest til you've recovered - babe will be fine, its just you that will feel grotty!)

iWILLdothis Sat 18-Jun-11 18:56:35

Are you taking pregnancy multi-vitamins? May help with the immune system.
Wash hands regularly with really hot water & soap. Wipe down door handles, taps etc. with disinfectant wipes. hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now