Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period pain aches.

(12 Posts)
Dolls30 Sat 18-Jun-11 17:07:06

Just found out I am 5 am a half weeks pregant. Is it normal to get some aching-like period pains in the tummy and lower back? Sets in aroudn 4/5pm. First pregnancy. Feeling very confused. And very emotional.

schobe Sat 18-Jun-11 17:07:52

Yes, totally normal at the stage you're at.

Try not to worry.

mummymccar Sat 18-Jun-11 17:48:21

I'm 5 weeks today and am having the same experiences. Totally normal, its just your uterus expanding to make room for the baby. Baby is just asking for a little bit of room!

mummymccar Sat 18-Jun-11 17:49:56

PS come and join us on the february bus!

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1222375-February-2012-Baby-Bus?pg=19

icravecheese Sat 18-Jun-11 17:55:29

Yes, had this with all 3 of my pregs - felt like I was getting a period due to the cramps, but obviously period never arrived. The cramps continued for me up to 6-8 wks preg, so dont worry, sounds perfectly normal. Congrats on your preg!

Stinkyminkymoo Sat 18-Jun-11 18:37:06

Oh hi! I posted something similar but didn't word it so well! Glad it's normal, books don't really say anything about it.

I'm on the feb bus too! :D

RickGhastley Sat 18-Jun-11 18:40:03

Yes dolls, Ive had this with all 3 pregnancies. With this PG it was so bad I had to take painkillers (oops, didn't realise I was PG at the time!)

My nurse friend explained that your uterus grows from the size of a lemon to the size of a grapefruit in the first few weeks of pregnancy (YUK) so no wonder it's painful!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

pregnantmimi Sat 18-Jun-11 22:35:05

yes yes yes but why doesnt anyone talk about it!! It made me panic so much having peroid like pains especially in the first 8 weeks I had themxx

Stinkyminkymoo Tue 21-Jun-11 09:42:58

How long does it last then? Sigh. This is just the start isn't it...!

m1nn1em0u5e Tue 21-Jun-11 09:57:18

Im 8 weeks & am still having them now!....

pregnantmimi Tue 21-Jun-11 16:02:36

Im 14 weeks had period type pains yesterday really bad then went downstairs did 3 big trumps and it went!! Oh the glamour of being pregnant. Seriously thou the period type pains went for me about 11 weeks. Now in second trimester get constipation pains that feel simular xx

Stinkyminkymoo Wed 22-Jun-11 21:40:46

The funny thing is though, that now if I haven't felt them fir a while, I get a bit worried!

Really looking forward to farting and blaming it on the dog smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now