Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Did many of you have sickness in first preg but not second?

(8 Posts)
Millie26 Sat 18-Jun-11 16:43:08

Just looked back at pregnancy diary from DD1 and at this point (7 weeks) I was keeping no food down at all.

This time I just feel really tired but only small waves of nausea if I havent eaten anything for a while.

Is this pretty normal? Not really worried, I think mainly hoping that this good fortune will continue! Have not been looking forward to puking in front of my very sensitive 2 year old sad

willitbe Sat 18-Jun-11 17:34:10

Yes this is normal -because every pregnancy is different!!!! Sickness is not a sign of a healthy pregnancy despite what people say. I have been sicker on a few of my m/c's that I have with successful pregnancy's. With my successful pregnancies I was sicker with my dd than my ds'. But that again is just random I think. But perhaps you are having a boy this time!!! grin

Congratulations on your pregancy.

icravecheese Sat 18-Jun-11 18:05:41

I had bad sickness with my 1st pregnancy, retching every morning, sick most days, couldn't stomach much food at meal times.

With my 2nd, I had absolutely NO symptoms at all, no sickness, no nausea, went as far as telling sonographers at 12wk scan that I didnt think I was pregnant because I certainly didnt feel anything like I had done with my first. But babe was in there kicking away!!

3rd preg - bad sickness again.

Carried a boy 1st time, girl 2nd (so assumed it was the different sex that did it), but 3rd preg, carrying a girl again, so who knows why each preg has been so different!! Congrats & make the most of no sickness!

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 18-Jun-11 18:07:07

Completely normal

Millie26 Sat 18-Jun-11 20:27:38

Thanks! Its hard not to worry isnt it, when you only have a previous pregnancy to go by and this one is quite different so far.

Good to hear that other mums got a break from sickness for at least some babies.

xx

Pudding2be Sun 19-Jun-11 07:29:39

I'm PG with my first, had bad ms in the first trimester and we're having a girl.

Apparently carrying girls can cause you to have worse ms because of the extra female hormones in your body. I know it's not always the case, but you could be having a little boy grin

Congratulations on your pregnancy

shellmc Sun 19-Jun-11 12:42:32

I had terrible morning, evening and night sickness!!!!
Everyone was adament i was carrying a girl because they say your more sick with girls.............no i had a DS xxx

angeljefferson Mon 20-Jun-11 14:00:58

I had normal morning sickness with my DD 13 years ago, sick twice a day and it lasted from 6 weeks until 20 weeks............this time I cant keep a thing down without anti sickness meds! I'm ill 24 hours a day, its horrific! So maybe its a DS this time??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: