Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did many of you have sickness in first preg but not second?

(8 Posts)
Millie26 Sat 18-Jun-11 16:43:08

Just looked back at pregnancy diary from DD1 and at this point (7 weeks) I was keeping no food down at all.

This time I just feel really tired but only small waves of nausea if I havent eaten anything for a while.

Is this pretty normal? Not really worried, I think mainly hoping that this good fortune will continue! Have not been looking forward to puking in front of my very sensitive 2 year old sad

willitbe Sat 18-Jun-11 17:34:10

Yes this is normal -because every pregnancy is different!!!! Sickness is not a sign of a healthy pregnancy despite what people say. I have been sicker on a few of my m/c's that I have with successful pregnancy's. With my successful pregnancies I was sicker with my dd than my ds'. But that again is just random I think. But perhaps you are having a boy this time!!! grin

Congratulations on your pregancy.

icravecheese Sat 18-Jun-11 18:05:41

I had bad sickness with my 1st pregnancy, retching every morning, sick most days, couldn't stomach much food at meal times.

With my 2nd, I had absolutely NO symptoms at all, no sickness, no nausea, went as far as telling sonographers at 12wk scan that I didnt think I was pregnant because I certainly didnt feel anything like I had done with my first. But babe was in there kicking away!!

3rd preg - bad sickness again.

Carried a boy 1st time, girl 2nd (so assumed it was the different sex that did it), but 3rd preg, carrying a girl again, so who knows why each preg has been so different!! Congrats & make the most of no sickness!

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 18-Jun-11 18:07:07

Completely normal

Millie26 Sat 18-Jun-11 20:27:38

Thanks! Its hard not to worry isnt it, when you only have a previous pregnancy to go by and this one is quite different so far.

Good to hear that other mums got a break from sickness for at least some babies.

xx

Pudding2be Sun 19-Jun-11 07:29:39

I'm PG with my first, had bad ms in the first trimester and we're having a girl.

Apparently carrying girls can cause you to have worse ms because of the extra female hormones in your body. I know it's not always the case, but you could be having a little boy grin

Congratulations on your pregnancy

shellmc Sun 19-Jun-11 12:42:32

I had terrible morning, evening and night sickness!!!!
Everyone was adament i was carrying a girl because they say your more sick with girls.............no i had a DS xxx

angeljefferson Mon 20-Jun-11 14:00:58

I had normal morning sickness with my DD 13 years ago, sick twice a day and it lasted from 6 weeks until 20 weeks............this time I cant keep a thing down without anti sickness meds! I'm ill 24 hours a day, its horrific! So maybe its a DS this time??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now