Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14 weeks and 2 days and leaking milk...

(6 Posts)
HarderToKidnap Sat 18-Jun-11 12:09:34

This is my first baby. I know this isn't anything to be worried about but it just seemed a little early. Anyone else leaked early or is this in fact normal?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 18-Jun-11 13:32:50

I think it is totally normal to leak colostrum quite early on. With my DD mine started leaking a little at 19weeks. Am currently preg with DC2 and this time it started about 16 weeks.Mine is just slightly drippy it doesn't flow out although I guess each person is different.

But totally normal smile

figgygal Sat 18-Jun-11 13:39:45

Oh my good lord can it really start so early I'm just over 15 weeks will keep an eye out for that so don't have any mishaps

MotherPanda Sat 18-Jun-11 15:46:36

Hello, I started at 22 weeks - so not quite as early as you, but still early! Its completley normal - get some thin breast pads (or i just use oval cotton pads, as its usually small amounts during the day for me).

I leak loads at night when my boobs are pressed against my arm... and have certainly noticed the leaking when i hear babies crying. can't wait till i've got an actual baby to feed.

Congratulations on joining the dairy farm!

VeryHungryKatypillar Sat 18-Jun-11 17:06:56

I leaked colostrum really early (this my DC2) but it has stopped.. so I don't think it means you will continue to leak through pregnancy, although this is possible. I think at early stages your hormones are in overdrive and they then settle down...

Northernlurker Sat 18-Jun-11 17:28:24

I was certainly leaking by 2 weeks with dd1. It's perfectly normal. Just your body doing what it should - bit of a weird thing though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now