Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

14 weeks and 2 days and leaking milk...

(6 Posts)
HarderToKidnap Sat 18-Jun-11 12:09:34

This is my first baby. I know this isn't anything to be worried about but it just seemed a little early. Anyone else leaked early or is this in fact normal?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 18-Jun-11 13:32:50

I think it is totally normal to leak colostrum quite early on. With my DD mine started leaking a little at 19weeks. Am currently preg with DC2 and this time it started about 16 weeks.Mine is just slightly drippy it doesn't flow out although I guess each person is different.

But totally normal smile

figgygal Sat 18-Jun-11 13:39:45

Oh my good lord can it really start so early I'm just over 15 weeks will keep an eye out for that so don't have any mishaps

MotherPanda Sat 18-Jun-11 15:46:36

Hello, I started at 22 weeks - so not quite as early as you, but still early! Its completley normal - get some thin breast pads (or i just use oval cotton pads, as its usually small amounts during the day for me).

I leak loads at night when my boobs are pressed against my arm... and have certainly noticed the leaking when i hear babies crying. can't wait till i've got an actual baby to feed.

Congratulations on joining the dairy farm!

VeryHungryKatypillar Sat 18-Jun-11 17:06:56

I leaked colostrum really early (this my DC2) but it has stopped.. so I don't think it means you will continue to leak through pregnancy, although this is possible. I think at early stages your hormones are in overdrive and they then settle down...

Northernlurker Sat 18-Jun-11 17:28:24

I was certainly leaking by 2 weeks with dd1. It's perfectly normal. Just your body doing what it should - bit of a weird thing though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: