Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think my labour started last night. Now nothing. Is this possible?

(9 Posts)
BettyBum Sat 18-Jun-11 11:29:24

I'm due wed 22nd. Last night in bed had period pains on and off. Some took my breath away. Second pregnancy and labour so learnt from first and just tried to sleep. Woke up with them quite a few times but bearable IYSWIM. Got up this morning and all gone. How bloody annoying! Take it this can happen?!

rubyslippers Sat 18-Jun-11 11:37:09

YEs it can - latent stage of labour can take a while

Try and rest now whilst you still can

witches Sat 18-Jun-11 11:54:56

Yes can happen and can mean the actual labour is quicker - heres hoping!

BettyBum Sat 18-Jun-11 11:58:33

Will do. It's so frustrating isn't it!!

Been feeling really patient and happy up until yesterday then for no reason at all just started feeling fed up, bored and restless. Was so pleased last night when I thought things were moving.

I need distraction today I think...

smellyeli Sat 18-Jun-11 12:19:25

Me too!!
I had a show (I think!) last night and cramps on and off all night and now nothing. Due 25th. Have been wanting it over and done with but when it looked imminent suddenly felt pretty unprepared. Induced with the other DC's so now idea what labour actually feels like. Can't walk to get it going again because of SPD. Going for curry tonight anyway, unless it starts up again today - good luck! Plan something really good for tomorrow and then it's bound to kick off and you'll have to cancel!!

Peanut09 Sat 18-Jun-11 12:53:16

And me!! I'm due today, and yesterday had funny tummy all day (everything went straight through - sorry TMI) and had strong period pains all afternoon. Got to sleep at 11ish and woke up today to NOTHING!! Not even a trip to the loo! So frustrating... I was sure it was kicking off...

BettyBum Sat 18-Jun-11 12:59:06

Nice to know others are in the same boat! Good luck to all of us and let's hope that things kick off soon. I'm having a home birth and can't wait to get the pool out!

Peanut09 Sat 18-Jun-11 13:08:43

Wish the old wives tales worked but I don't think they do... we'll just have to be patient - ARGH!! Wish I had the energy for a long walk but simply can't be ars*d!! Good luck - hope we don't have to wait much longer - keeping fingers crossed.

smellyeli Sun 19-Jun-11 20:28:59

Anyone any news? I have had curry and been for a swim but it was definitely all a false alarm....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now