Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

recommendations for cellular blankets??

(17 Posts)
fizzypigs Fri 17-Jun-11 20:33:54

Hi! I was wondering where people got their cellular blankets from? I got a couple from M&Ps but am not very impressed with the quality. They seem more like dish clothes and were quite expensive for what they are. Has anyone bought some that were good quality and not over priced? Thanks!

marylou242 Fri 17-Jun-11 20:36:05

Asda had some nice ones a couple of years ago, think they were only about £4 each. Pink, yellow, white and blue I think.

MamaChoo Fri 17-Jun-11 20:41:53

I found that small, slightly flattened (as opposed to fluffy) cellular blankets were best for newborns, as right size and density for swaddling and didnt have to be folded over too many times in basket. I was given mine second hand and they were so much more useful than the big, fluffy yellow ones i bought, even if they were a bit grey (useful unisex colour...)

fatbottomgirl Fri 17-Jun-11 20:48:28

I just bought one yesterday after looking for ages. Best one I could find was one from mothercare. It's very soft with a satin strip along they edge and is big enough to wrap around babe gringrin. I looked at the mama's and papas ones and ones in asda in fact I looked most places and this was defiantly the best.wink

piprabbit Fri 17-Jun-11 20:55:58

John Lewis?

HPSource Fri 17-Jun-11 21:07:01

I'm embarrassed to ask (and don't intend to distract from any recommendations) but can someone please tell me what a cellular blanket is? blush

piprabbit Fri 17-Jun-11 21:08:54

They are blanket with a very open weave - good for warmth without getting stuffy - click on the John Lewis link above and them zoom in to your heart's content grin.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 17-Jun-11 21:25:33

Toys r us x

nicolamumof3 Fri 17-Jun-11 21:32:14

i personally like the cotton cellular ones picked one up in boots the other day they are buy one get one half price on all plain bedding. I believe same offer on in mothercare too?

HPSource Fri 17-Jun-11 21:44:10

Thanks piprabbit - I clearly have a lot to learn

Chynah Fri 17-Jun-11 22:07:07

Matalan was great (and cheap)for bedding.

thisisstupid Sat 18-Jun-11 05:35:27

i liked the mamas and papas ones thought they were worth the money, they were good with my firstborn as they didn't irritate his skin like the cheap ones my exs parents bought me

yummymango Sat 18-Jun-11 08:25:45

I have just bought the John Lewis ones - tbh they don't feel very soft either but I have heard they soften up on washing so I am going to give that a go.

dizzy77 Sat 18-Jun-11 08:50:43

I've found those cotton-y dishcloth ones more useful for my newborn than the lighter acrylic ones I thought I preferred (because I remembered them from when I was small!) - as Mamachoo says they have a good density so more difficult to kick off and my newborn seems better comforted by their heft. I also noted they use them in the hospital and slept happily under them myself, and they big one is my blanket of choice to wrap round my shoulders when cold bf-ing in the nursery!

I was gifted a lot from Dunelm(sp?) Mill, they were quite soft as presumably used/washed for 3 years I'm sure they don't take long to soften. They are similar to those shown on the JL website and think they're also available from Mothercare etc too.

FetchezLaVache Sat 18-Jun-11 08:53:36

Another vote for Matalan- cheap but good.

cowboylover Sat 18-Jun-11 12:26:15

I have got some from Boots and some really cheap ones from Homebargains and they are thin and don't look fluffy but have so far been the best to use as easiest to wrap around her.

m1nn1em0u5e Sat 18-Jun-11 12:57:09

I found Toys r us & Mothercare were so much better than m&p & the colours were nicer/brighter too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now