Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Emotional Weirdness!

(9 Posts)
AKP79 Fri 17-Jun-11 14:44:13

Just had to share today’s emotional weirdness... Dolly Parton Jolene was playing on the radio this morning and it actually moved me to tears, I’m not talking a little weep, but full on fat tears. After pulling myself together I then drove past a lorry of cows on their way to the slaughterhouse, big fat tears resumed! I’ve always been a tad on the emotional side, but this is crazy!!

Armi Fri 17-Jun-11 16:03:39

I'm dreadful, too, if it's any consolation - and like you it's not just quiet, trickly tears but full on, heartbroken sobbing (just like a small child, in fact!) over stupid things. I've been like it for weeks. On one memorable occasion DH had to remove me from the paint aisle in Homebase and put me back in the car because of my uncontrollable weeping, caused by him forgetting which bedroom the cot was going in. I was convinced this meant he didn't love me and didn't want the baby!

AKP79 Fri 17-Jun-11 16:42:39

Ha ha Armi, it's so good to hear I'm not alone! DP hasn't had to remove me from anywhere yet, but he does look at me with an puzzled and frightened expression when I start crying at adverts!

The words that really got me today were Jolene, I'm begging please don't take my man. Jolene Please don't take him cos you can... it was like it was real, I was really feeling for Dolly at that moment! Thinking about it now could make me cry!!

theonlyhb2 Fri 17-Jun-11 18:45:23

dont listen to gloria gaynor's I will survive.....always loved it til i reaslised i was bawling my eyes out to it when it came on the radio. she must of been so hurt when she wrote it!

xkatyx Fri 17-Jun-11 18:59:16

Lol I cried when I couldn't put my socks on ha ha

AKP79 Fri 17-Jun-11 19:51:00

Hormones have a lot to answer for clearly... Right Gloria's definitely off the playlist too! And I shouldn't laugh, but that really made me smile xkatyx! smile x

pregnantmimi Sat 18-Jun-11 22:40:52

was in babies r u today as sale on saw a bloke about 21 with a newborn being all soppy and kissing the baby and starting crying cause it was so cute. Also starting crying when had someone told me something bad had happened to them and they had to give me a hug lol

pregnantmimi Sat 18-Jun-11 22:42:37

another thing wanted to add. I believe its the bodys way of getting you ready to be empatatic towards your baby. Think about it it makes sensexx

Darnsarfupnorf Sat 18-Jun-11 22:46:35

i was just as bad, one time DP walked into the kitchen to find me sobbing into a yogurt because it wasnt the flavour i thought!

another time i stood in the street sobbing because the traffic lights took so long to change! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now