Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Umm.. had sex and now bump has gone/moved?!

(8 Posts)
Scheherezadea Fri 17-Jun-11 11:50:03

Last night me and DP had sex, which involved a lot of bending (sorry if TMI blush ) and the bump did get squished a bit.

I didn't feel any movement/kicking, and this morning my bump is suddenly LOADS smaller than it was, and has moved up 2 inches! I've felt a bit of movement next to & above my belly button.

The baby has always been really low lying, and I've felt lots of movement low down, but now it's shifted lots and I'm feeling less could we have damaged him in some way?! Guessing the reduced feeling of movements is because he's higher up, so not as easy to feel as when he was lower down. Feeling a bit worried, but don't want to ring midwife just yet!

I'm 23 +2, first baby.

kri5ty Fri 17-Jun-11 11:52:48

Sorry hun i dont have any experience as im only 14+3 but im intrigued to know, as it is our first too...

Maybe bump decided to move out of the way?? and let you enjoy yourself
grin hehe

MrsRhettButler Fri 17-Jun-11 11:57:42

If you haven't felt any movement then call the midwife

I'm sure it's fine though but best to check it out

Fwiw i had no movement one day around the 25 week mark and got it checked out it was fine and reason was baby had changed position so wasn't making the same movements as before so that probably what's happened with you x

hayesgirl Fri 17-Jun-11 12:54:27

i wouldnt worry - you are feeling some movement. baby has just shifted position. If you arent feeling anything at all then contact your midwife

Scheherezadea Fri 17-Jun-11 13:49:01

Thanks - was going to say, I am still feelin gsome movement, but I think it's just that he's moved to aplace where the usual wriggles aren't as obvious. it was more than my bump is suddenly so much smaller! Can this happen when they move? He's a lot higher up too. I don't remember losing any fluid at any point.

PoppysMom Mon 20-Jun-11 09:51:27

My bump is sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger. I think it strongly depends on baby's position and the bump moving higher up would suggest baby has moved.
I don't think it's anything to worry about smile

Boosaphena Mon 20-Jun-11 09:58:19

I'm 23+4 with dc3. Somedays I have a big bump some days I look chubby. I was the same with all my dc's. Sex won't have harmed baby, or the positions used, baby will let you know if he's not comfortable and it's you that will be hurting not him!!!
Don't worry. You will change shapes a hundred times! Don't let it put you off sex-he wouldn't want an unhappy mummy!!! smile

icravecheese Mon 20-Jun-11 13:03:04

Am 23wks with DC3, & my bump has changed overnight too (although not due to any monkey business with hubby unfortunately!!). Yesterday, I posted about my bump suddenly feeling huge from 20+ weeks, and I was feeling slightly concerned as I couldn't understand why bump was so big & felt so uncomfortable over the past few wks. Overnight, however, baby must've moved as my bump now seems half the size & isn't as high up or uncomfy as it was before....seem to recall this happening with DC1 too, so I think babe just moves about & it makes you feel totally different from one day to the next!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now