Talk

Advanced search

partners drinking breastmilk????? is this normal?

(84 Posts)
babybumpx Thu 16-Jun-11 22:26:49

Ok....I am a little concerned as my partner wants to drink my breastmilk during sex, I am 30 weeks pregnant and i'm worried that he will take the vital nutrients away, not forgetting the weirdness factor or am i just being a prude?

Please be kind and sensitive smile

apricotears Thu 16-Jun-11 22:30:08

For me, this is off the scale weirdness... lol. Sorry! blush

No offence intended, just sharing my thoughts- I cast no judgment!

d0gFace Thu 16-Jun-11 22:31:12

Maybe try the breastfeeding board? I have no idea sorry.

Bohica Thu 16-Jun-11 22:34:01

Wtf is going on here tonight?

Have i missed a school holiday or something?

TechLovingDad Thu 16-Jun-11 22:35:07

What the EFF?

alphamummy Thu 16-Jun-11 22:38:42

Wow breastmilk at 30 weeks pregnant hmm

Its eerie round these parts today.

snailoon Thu 16-Jun-11 22:43:51

I don't think it will deprive the baby.
Dring cow's milk is even weirder in my opinion, if you start thinking about it. It is only normal because people do it, not because it is inherently natural for humans.
A restaurant in London is selling breastmilk ice cream at 24 pounds a scoop. THAT'S WEIRD

KingofHighVis Thu 16-Jun-11 22:45:56

Sex at 30 weeks!!!! Now that is weird.

TechLovingDad Thu 16-Jun-11 22:47:11

Sex!!!! Now that is weird.

Oakmaiden Thu 16-Jun-11 22:49:12

I would have thought it would be difficult to get more than a drop or two of colostrum at 30 weeks. However, this won't remove any vital nutrients, as the colostrum your baby drinks, and later the milk, will be made as needed and WHEN it is needed.

Um, I wouldn't like to comment on the weirdness factor though. It would definitely make me uncomfortable...

babybumpx Thu 16-Jun-11 22:49:59

I dont think sex at 30 weeks is weird?? although I am starting to get tired and would much rather read a book smile

pinkyp Fri 17-Jun-11 00:17:43

No!!!!

dailymail Fri 17-Jun-11 00:22:09

wtf

MyDogHatesMe Fri 17-Jun-11 09:40:46

I don't think it's weird at all, tbh, but it's horses for courses isn't it.

ipredicttrouble Fri 17-Jun-11 10:31:48

Sex at 30 weeks isn't weird. Your partner drinking your breastmilk is weird IMHO hmm

duckdodgers Fri 17-Jun-11 11:10:21

Of course sex at 30 weeks isnt weird - but there is no way on earth your partner drinking your breastmilk, either expressed or direct from your breasts is not weird, why do you need a message board to tell you this?

d0gFace Fri 17-Jun-11 11:12:06

I thought some men did drink expressed breast milk? Im sure I've seen it on tv before.

FamilyCircus Fri 17-Jun-11 11:14:32

Nothing weird about him wanting to try your breast milk IMO. During sex makes me feel queasy though, sorry.

Rycie Fri 17-Jun-11 11:27:00

Sorry OP, but it sounds like your partner wants to pretend that he's having sex with his mother....urgh, I feel nauseaus just saying it.

Icelollycraving Fri 17-Jun-11 11:31:59

Having sex at 30 weeks is not the issue. Men often try breast milk I think but the during sex thing is quite a personal choice & makes me feel quite ill. If you don't fancy it then don't do it. There are all kinds of things that do it for one partner & not the other. Personal choice,if he started wanting other baby stuff I would be v concerned!

Renaissance227 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:36:21

Trying to be kind - This has not helped with my return morning sickness at 21 weeks. I now want to throw up AGAIN!
That really is weird, very, very, very strange, and a lot little creepy! shock

babybumpx Fri 17-Jun-11 11:45:07

DOGFACE - I dont need a message board to tell me if something is normal/bizarre or weird. I thought it would be interesting to get other peoples views/opinions on it.

Some men do drink breast milk...DOGFACE, do you drink cows milk? that comes from a cows udder????? i'd imagine you do, if anything is weird, that is!!!! it is clinically proven that breast milk has all sorts of nutrients and goodness, they give it to cancer patients and when babies are in SCBU they have donations taken in as it aids in their recovery better than anything else. Do you breast feed?

Apparently it is the motherly being that men like and it is a recognised fetish....cant say I feel the same or find it remotely sexual but like MYDOGHATESME said, its horses for courses. Some people are more prudish than others.

I feel my breast milk is for my baby, and mixing the two would feel odd.

Great subject though as its a bit of personal one and interesting to see how open people can be.

Nanny01 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:52:38

I have to admit that all the kids wanted to try a little expressed breast milk and dh to there is nothing weird it's just curiosity. There was someone who made breast milk ice cream on tv . Breast milk is sold as for some people it is said to have amazing properties especially for cancer I have heard. I think lots of people see boobs as a one state device either for feeding baby or a sexual object.

Renaissance227 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:56:36

Nappy01 I think all the benefits are understood and it's fine that some poeple would be curious and want a taste but would you be happy with your DH/DP drinking your breast milk during sex??

Renaissance227 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:57:37

I think it goes beyond curiosity when your OH would want to drink breast milk AND have sex at the same time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now