Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Last trimester moaning.

(13 Posts)
Yukana Thu 16-Jun-11 17:06:00

Today has been quite frankly great, but it's also been crap. I'm not making sense, but I'm sure some of you will understand what I mean. I decided to make this topic on a whim, I don't expect anyone to read it, but I could really do with a good moan. I am 32 weeks pregnant.

Today started just grand. Very hungry from lack of food in the house, (ordered shopping for delivery), and a sore pelvis all morning. Two phone calls from Tesco saying we don't have enough funds in the bloomin' bank for the shopping, except, we do. After two of these faffing about phone calls, we gave up and cancelled the order. Called my physiotherapist to talk about the fact my pelvis keeps 'clicking' in and out, and it's painful. It happens whenever I walk or stand (whilst shifting my weight around a bit). She's lovely as per usual, tells me I need to do my pelvic exercises and to wear my support belt.

Just one problem, I have small hips and the belt is very tricky to get on properly. It slides around and is a general nuisance. DP comes to the rescue and helps me put it on, for which I am very thankful. Except, you can't sit down whilst wearing the support belt, and I am just about to go into a car I realise. So, I take it off. I'm wearing a maxi dress, so the only way for me to get it back on would be to lift my dress up and let my DP give me a hand. (Massive bump, can't see my thighs or underneath it at all!) I am left to spend the rest of the day walking at snails pace, feeling faint from the lovely yet horribly hot weather, with a painful clicking pelvis.

Good news is that we may have found ourselves a new house to live in, and DP has just gotten a new, and technically his dream job. Bad news is said possible new place is on the first floor. (TMI Alert!) This morning I also had very thick/gooey, I'm not sure but possibly clear with a tint of green discharge when I went to the loo, and for the past couple of days I've had a very strong feeling that I will enter into labour soon (I've had a strong instinct it will be around or before 35 weeks). To ice the cake, I'm anemic and have to take ferrous sulphate tablets, which give me horrible cramps. So today has overall, been a day I could either laugh or cry at.

Moan over, terribly sorry to bother those of you who have spent the time to read this. smile Happy to give sympathy and brew to anyone who wishes to join me in a last trimester moan.

juneau Thu 16-Jun-11 17:08:39

I think I'd talk to my midwife about that greenish discharge if I were you.

buttonmoon78 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:11:09

brew and cake!

33+6 here. Fed up (in a big way). I'd managed to stave off the spd to a large extent but 'did too much' yesterday and am still in pain now. Am worrying that I've totally screwed it up and I'm not going to get better again til after the birth.

Green discharge doesn't sound brilliant. Maybe a chat with your mw?

Firawla Thu 16-Jun-11 17:13:53

* sends over some sympathy *
have you got spd? sounds really painful
congrats on your dp new job and house though!!
and atleast not toooo long to go now

BettyBum Thu 16-Jun-11 17:23:00

Well I was going to start a moaning thread but will do it here instead!

I'm 39+1 and have an unstable pelvis. It's possibly the most gruesome thing I have ever had the misfortune to suffer. Rolling over in bed is torture and very painful. Have tried various tips from MN, but with little relief. I dread going to bed at night and am thinking about sleeping upright.

Don't feel too bad apart from that but my Braxton hicks today have become very painful and uncomfortable, they are not regular or anything but make me feel like if they get any tighter I might stop breathing. Rant over!!

Yukana Thu 16-Jun-11 17:27:30

Chat with midwife sounds good just to make sure, so I will do that tomorrow, as the surgery is already closed and she only works a few days a week. I've had canesten(sp?) cream prescribed for me before for possible thrush, so I am going to try taking that (I hadn't used all of it, and was prescribed a month or so ago) until I can ask for my midwife's advice.

buttonmoon I had mini doughnuts earlier, ploughed my way through almost a whole box. blush

SPD sounds horrible, I have no idea whether I do have SPD as this is my first pregnancy and haven't encounted any issues with my hips or a sore pelvis before pregnancy, but my physiotherapist said to keep her updated. Big hugs for any sufferers out there. sad

Not too long to go now, indeed. I am worried this little one will arrive before I move though, she's been so active!

JenniL1977 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:30:13

31+1 here
Clicky pelvis and sore hips, and my lady bum bone is sore too - which means I can't turn over in bed without waking myself up as it's too painful. SPD sucks. I can't put my pants on without sitting down. I can't put socks on as I can't reach round my bump. If I eat any more I'm going to burst, except I can't eat much in one sitting. My ribs hurt where they're trying to work out if they go over or into the bump, but it doesn't matter as this demon-child smileI'm carrying kicks them constantly anyway.
I sooooooooo can't be arsed to be at work, and I've got another 5 weeks left. I can't find a chair that will actually support me at work anyway.

But you know, I managed to get rid of the thrush I've had for 6 weeks last week... so all's not lost

(I can't just moan. There has to be a good side!)

Yukana Thu 16-Jun-11 17:31:07

Betty I feel better knowing I'm not the only one in good need of a moan. grin

I have the same problem, turning over in bed, getting up from the bed, going to the toilet in the night, all painful and uncomfortable. Are you seeing someone to give you help/advice on how to cope with it?

I don't think Braxton Hicks are meant to be painful, but perhaps they can be? If the first part is correct though, perhaps something will happen. Fingers crossed you'll have a sweet newborn soon. smile

BettyBum Thu 16-Jun-11 17:44:30

Thanks yukana. I see a chiropractor and the adjustments help a bit but he lacks on practical advice. It sucks doesn't it?

I wondered the same about the BH, today is the first day they have been painful. Hope things are happening!!

Mini doughnuts sound good!!

Tolalola Thu 16-Jun-11 17:47:50

I'm 40+1. It's 32 degrees where I am and humidity is over 90%.

Waited 4 hours in a mosquito infested hospital for a sweep this morning, which the obstetrician then said he couldn't reach to do because my cervix is too high.

Fed up does not even begin to cover it.

Pesha Thu 16-Jun-11 17:50:56

Ooh goody - a chance for unbridled moaning!!!

I am 38 weeks today with #4. Have been having contractions for a week that pick up then die off, quite often getting painful and regular enough to get me all excited and then dying down to not much more than uncomfortable BH. Also very, very achey in lower abdomen and back like bad period pains, tummy muscles split and aching all the way up and a giant baby (measuring 43 weeks!) that doesn't actually fit anymore so every little movement hurts. All this on top of pretty bad PGP/SPD which I can't wear a belt for because it hurts my hips too much and tubi grip has now become stupidly uncomfortable too.

Not to mention the constant nausea, heartburn and ocassional vomiting. Oh and dizzy spells, breathlessness and total and utter exhaustion.

DP is on lates this week so is still in bed in the mornings before school and gone by time they get back from school/playgroup so I am doing all childcare all week. He worked all last weekend and is working 12 hours on sunday so Saturday will be Father's day apparently so he'll be doing F all then as well!!

My dc are being little sods and have decided now is the time to test the boundaries and see what they can get away with. Oh and the boys seem to have decided that pissing about staying awake till 10 pm every night is perfectly normal for a 4yo and nearly 8yo hmm

AND I have just discovered that some absolute bastard appears to have got hold of my debit card details and decided to spend £175 of MY money angry angry angry The bank are fine about it and are refunding it as well as the unauthorised OD charges its caused me but no idea how long thats gonna take so in the meantime I have no money.

And my nipples itch!!

But I did have enough cash in the house to send my 2 oldest to the fish and chip shop so I don't have to bother with tea tonight cos I really CBA so it's not all bad!

Feel a little better now! smile

Yukana Thu 16-Jun-11 18:22:41

Okay, help me out a little here, I have no idea what is happening!

For about five minutes now I've been having very painful (not so painful I can't talk, but painful enough that I'm cringing, rubbing the area and breathing every now and then) aching pains at the bottom of my stomach, more to the right side, which are sometimes sharp. I think my bump feels firm but it can do usually so I am not sure if this is a sign or just normal.
It doesn't feel like the stomach cramps I've been getting since taking the iron tablets, either, and if I recall I've had a couple of these incidents in the past few days. I've also had a lot of erm blush wind and emptying of bowels the last 1-2 weeks.

Pesha That sounds awful regarding the debit card fraud. sad I hope they will refund everything and it'll get sorted out soon. I know the feeling about the itchy nipples every now and then.

Have also had the dizzy spells, exhaustion and breathlessness (good ol' heart palpitations occasionally, too!) so can sympathise. I've even had to sit in the middle of Primark as I thought I was going to collapse, which was mildly embarrassing! Heartburn isn't nice, DP suffers from it but thankfully gaviscon works a treat for him.

Tola Hugs, here have a brew. Bugs are something that annoy the living hell out of me, as soon as I see one I start looking around for it and wondering where it's going to appear next. (So I can squash it!) Are they going to try again for a sweep soon? I hope it goes well.

Jenni Can sympathise on the sore ribs. LO likes the spot just underneath my right breast, and snuggles up there, has a good wriggle, and likes to generally make me feel uncomfortable. I usually gently poke her so she moves a bit, but she often responds by giving me a swift kick in the ribs or cervix.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to cope with work as well as being in the third trimester. I don't see how I'd cope, so you are stronger than I am. smile And thrush is a nightmare, so congrats on getting rid of it! grin

Yukana Thu 16-Jun-11 18:31:17

The pain has gone now, not sure what it was but it gave me a fright! DP is currently out and I'd rather LO didn't arrive without him there. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now