Talk

Advanced search

Where to get TENS machine online

(10 Posts)
ShazGJ Thu 16-Jun-11 16:57:20

I am 37 weeks tomorrow so desperately need to get TENS machine sorted, thinking of buying rather than hiring as have intermittent back pain I can use it for afterwards. Can anyone recommend a website with fast delivery service as no where locally has them in stock to buy and heard some Horror stories of goods not arriving and money being taken out of accounts etc.

tiokiko Thu 16-Jun-11 17:22:05

I used the Elle TENS machine and was impressed - you can get it from Amazon with next day delivery if you order before 7pm.

This time round I will probably also buy some extra electrode pads for it as I ran short after 3 days slow labour at home.

I sold mine afterwards on eBay and got a good price - cost lots less than hiring and I had the reassurance of having my own machine ready to go for as long as I needed it.

ShazGJ Thu 16-Jun-11 17:37:11

Thanks that's the one I was looking at and a saving of £15 compared to mothercare prices grin

VeryHungryKatypillar Thu 16-Jun-11 17:53:10

I've hired mine from Boots, but they also sell them online too..

cowboylover Thu 16-Jun-11 18:03:50

I had the Ellie TENs which was great and had it online from Lloyds chemist.
It arrived quickly and was easy to use so good luck!

ShazGJ Fri 17-Jun-11 06:22:43

I ordered the Elle tens from amazon when DH got in from work, it is arriving by priority post on Saturday. So relieved to have sorted this out. My local boots and mothercare didn't stick TENS machines it was order online only with a 4-5 working day wait.

vallinnapod Fri 17-Jun-11 10:17:27

Hired mine from Babycare TENS, was then called by them to be told they had an offer on and for £9 more I could buy it outright. So did. This was on 15 June so may still be running.

tiokiko Fri 17-Jun-11 20:52:10

Glad you got it sorted OK, hope it does the trick!

Make sure you put it on at the very first sign of contractions (suss out how it works now before things get going) and keep it on all the way through (sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs).

I didn't think mine was doing anything until the MW knocked it off by accident and I realised it was definitely making a difference. Good luck!

donnakebabnew Mon 27-Jun-11 06:13:23

Hi I hired mine from www.babytens.net it was dispatched the same day and I recieved it the next day. Definately would recommend them. Would have been lost without my use of the Tens machine.

HTH

hubbahubster Mon 27-Jun-11 10:53:25

Wow Donna, that must be one great website since you've also bumped two 3/4 year old threads to recommend it…

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now