Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rock concert at 8 months pregnant - should I go?!

(18 Posts)
MrsMichic Thu 16-Jun-11 15:00:38

Hi everyone

I am due to see Bon Jovi at Manchester Old Trafford next Friday, and I was REALLY excited about going. However I am 8 months pregnant and someone I know raised a concern about vibrations etc. Does anyone know if there's any medical reason why I shouldn't go? I have a seat in the premier seating area so won't be in the general crush and we'll probably skip the support act and just go for the main event. Opinions please!!

Nanny01 Thu 16-Jun-11 15:10:32

Obviously wear sensible shoes take water and I can't see why not, I went to see James Taylor in concert a few yrs ago when I was pregnant last time. The only thing that might be a nuisance is going to the toilet as I had to keep nipping to the toilet all the time.

Woodifer Thu 16-Jun-11 15:16:30

I would say you should be fine as long as you're not in the mosh pit :-)

cowboylover Thu 16-Jun-11 18:10:24

Are you seated or standing?

so much depends on the gig as I cancelled Rob Zombie but would have gone to James Taylor (can't wait to see him in July woohoo!)

I think you can ask the venue for seating or access to the disabled bathrooms to avoid the often long q's ect.

puzzletree Thu 16-Jun-11 18:17:40

If you've got a seat then definitely go! My boys went to plenty of gigs/concerts in utero, but I definitely appreciated seated venues, and especially events with ice cream intervals smile

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 16-Jun-11 18:18:41

Can't see why not, I would! Just make sure you're sitting, and no crowd surfing!

bagelmonkey Thu 16-Jun-11 18:20:25

Go! You won't get another chance for a long time. Enjoy it.

Coppernoddle Thu 16-Jun-11 18:38:17

I went to see tenacious D when I was heavily preggers with my first! It was great! The only thing that pissed me off was so many people smoking weed was sending me dizzy! But it was great!

licoriceGreen Thu 16-Jun-11 18:39:49

I went to see take that last night and am going to Glastonbury next week, baby kicked along to most of the songs last night. I'm 7 months. I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy yourself.

Jill72 Thu 16-Jun-11 18:46:15

I am off to see Dolly at 8 months!! Expecting my little one to rock along!!!

emjay74 Thu 16-Jun-11 19:01:46

Much too dangerous..think you should pass your tickets to me..I'm only 21wks!! grin

You'll be fine as long as you feel ok in yourself..I went to loads of gigs when expecting my others just expect lots of activity in there from the music! And a whole new generation of Bon Jovi fan!

Hope you have a great time! xx

Jill72 Thu 16-Jun-11 19:04:42

emjay74 are you sure you don't mean Dolly tickets!!!! lol!!

allthefires Thu 16-Jun-11 19:13:37

Absolutely you have to go.

Im still bitter I didnt go at 6 mths pregnant in 2007.

Am off to see him in Bristol at 21 weeks pregnant.

Have a fantastic time!

allthefires Thu 16-Jun-11 19:15:11

YOU HAVE A SEAT IN THE PREMIER AREA?

No dont go- pass your ticket to me!

lilbitneurotic Thu 16-Jun-11 20:31:15

Go - I'm 34 weeks and going to Take That on Thursday - can't wait!

welliesandpyjamas Thu 16-Jun-11 20:33:59

Go!
Unless you're sitting on the speakers, there'd be no problem. Baby will probably enjoy it and wriggle all the way through.

MrsMichic Thu 16-Jun-11 22:19:53

Ahh thanks everyone smile I will indeed go and enjoy it. Thanks so much for all the positive responses! x

LittleMissFlustered Thu 16-Jun-11 23:13:04

Jon-bonding in utero... Do it! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now