Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BP starting to go up at 13 weeks - anyone else??

(6 Posts)
harassedinherpants Thu 16-Jun-11 14:30:46

I had my booking in appointment a few weeks ago and it was 125/80 and now at 13 weeks it's gone up to 144/85. No protein in my urine, odd headache but nothing major and no visual disturbances. I did get to hear the heartbeat though grin. So I'm back to see the nurse next week for another check!

I've had similar before with my dd (nearly 5) and it went up and up and up, and the down to normal by 24 weeks and fine for the rest of the preg. Hoping this is a similar blip!

BeeMyBaby Thu 16-Jun-11 14:36:53

were you very tired during your appointment? we have a BP monitor at home and I know DH's jumps up and down all over the place.

harassedinherpants Thu 16-Jun-11 14:39:33

No not at all! I had a lovely snooze on the sofa as it was my day off, a stroll to pick dd up from school and then a quiet drive to the gp. You've reminded me that I do have a bp monitor from last time! Somewhere...... we moved a few weeks ago and still have some boxes to unpack.

ToriaPumpkin Thu 16-Jun-11 15:03:11

Mine went up at the start of the second trimester, but then it was down low enough to cause me to faint during the first one so I'm maybe not any use.

harassedinherpants Thu 16-Jun-11 15:04:43

Lol, I had low bp with the first two dc's..... can't win really!

I've spoken to my mw and there's not really much I can do lifestyle-wise apparently as it's mainly to do with the volume of blood apparently.

BeeMyBaby Fri 17-Jun-11 14:19:30

that's not too bad at all then, no problem with having too much blood? Only problems when having constricted arteriries...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now