Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

You know your bump is big when...

(36 Posts)
tabbyH Thu 16-Jun-11 14:26:13

Maternity trousers don't fit anymore at 28 weeks.

You block radio signals when stood side on to radio!

And if one more person asks 'are you sure one isn't hiding?'...

Reality Thu 16-Jun-11 14:27:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mistlethrush Thu 16-Jun-11 14:29:43

I got stuck in the pews at church (was singing in the choir - got in fine, got out and back in for communion fine - came to lead out (yes, I was first out) and Ds had moved and I was wedged in) blush

Curlyems Thu 16-Jun-11 14:33:54

Reality - I am the same as you! I now have a selection of clothes and underwear to fit various stages of pregnancy shoud I decide to do it again...

buttonmoon78 Thu 16-Jun-11 14:45:45

This is a conversation from last week when I was 32+5:

'How long now?'
'About 7.'
'Days or hours?'
hmm

According to universal opinion I am huge but 'contained'. Which is nice smile

QueenCee Thu 16-Jun-11 15:20:38

I too grew out of my maternity trousers and also went up to back sizes in bra. But DD was pretty big for a first baby at 9.6 lbs. I'm now 5 weeks PG with second and hoping I don't get any bigger than last time... I had water retention in places you'd never dream you could have it!!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 16-Jun-11 15:35:33

When you move to one side in he supermarket aisle and the space has not actually reduced and the other person still cannot fit through blush

When you can't reach the kitchen sink properly anymore.

And I'm only 25 weeks.

Curlyems Thu 16-Jun-11 15:45:14

QueenCee - Did the water retention go soon after birth? I have the worst elephantitis and it seems that noone else suffers from it apart from me..it's really painful on my feet too. Is that normal?

tabbyH Thu 16-Jun-11 16:04:07

I can't reach the sink either. Hubby keeps putting washing up liquid and hand soap on windowsill where I definitely can't reach.

Can no longer put socks, tights or knickers on... Dresses only from here on in with sandals or crocs - whatever the weather.

I like 'contained'. People keep saying I have a neat bump but rather large. According to fundal height, I'm as big now at 28 weeks as I was full term with dd1.

Also running out of similies...

nickelbabe Thu 16-Jun-11 16:07:24

aw, mistel grin

sorry, I'm just imagining my esacpe route now for later in the summer! grin

buttonmoon78 Thu 16-Jun-11 16:48:49

tabby I think contained sounds like I'm a dangerous substance leak or summat!

I've been wearing sunnies whatever the weather to avoid eye contact with people at school as eye contact = comments.

Yesterday's gem was not size related but 'bloody hell - you look knackered'. I'd forgotten my sunnies you see...

Actually the contained/neat thing is something I take comfort from. After all, what they're saying (in a kakhanded way) is that you may have a mahoosive bump, at least you've not got a lardy arse too grin

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 16-Jun-11 17:11:07

Buttonmoon - sunnies at all times here too smile

lolajane2009 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:33:14

on sunday I got the comment from a lovely old man that 'if you are this big now, you are going to huge in september.'

on the other hand my midwife seems to think i am not eating, lol.

snowchick1977 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:38:23

When you burn your bump whilst ironing because "it didn't stick out that much before"

Armi Thu 16-Jun-11 17:48:28

snowchick that was EXACTLY what I was just about to post!

lolajane2009 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:53:01

i decorate mine with flour when rolling out pastry too.

issynoko Thu 16-Jun-11 17:58:48

A family of short people takes shelter from the rain under it.

You wake up on the beach surrounded by Marine Rescue Volunteers hosing you down.

You have to hire your maternity dresses from wedding marquee company.

cowboylover Thu 16-Jun-11 18:00:38

My realisation moment was that I was as round as I was tall at 36 weeks and didn't have DD till 42 weeks smile

GruffaloMama Thu 16-Jun-11 18:44:46

when you go to a festival (at 33 weeks) and discover:
1. your belly won't fit in a sleeping bag.
2. random people are taking bets about you being the most pregnant person there.

But apparently measuring normal for dates. I asked the midwife if she had the tape the right way round...

Badgerwife Thu 16-Jun-11 19:04:38

You struggle to wipe your own bum blush sorry TMI...

Eviepoo Thu 16-Jun-11 19:48:35

Your DH has to help you out of the bath.

Your colleague and good friend tells you that your bump makes your 34G boobs look normal size for once (I too have gone up back sizes and wearing a 38FF).

People ask you if its twins or triplets.

People look amazed when you say your mat leave doesn't start for another 6 weeks and ask why you are working right to the end...the expression only gets more incredulous when you say you are only working til 37w.

The IT guys are betting on how much over 9lb your baby will be.

Your DH refers to your 'flump feet and sausage fingers' cos they are so swollen.

lilbitneurotic Thu 16-Jun-11 20:27:56

You shut your bump in the fridge door . . . every god damned day!

danio7 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:50:36

you cant keep it tidy down there.....
I defy anyone to keep their noonie neat. I just tried, it's impossible!!

10 more weeks to go, I am going to be a hairy beast!

titferbrains Thu 16-Jun-11 20:53:30

bump not that big yet but I have knocked over a few things with my ass recently blush

davidtennantsmistress Thu 16-Jun-11 20:54:10

can hardly get behind the wheel of the car now. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now