Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bad pain in lower back... Hips/pelvis/??

(5 Posts)
kri5ty Thu 16-Jun-11 07:44:49

Hi

I am 14 weeks, and i am having very bad pain in my lower back, aorund, and in line with my coccyx. Non at the front aroud my pelvis though, although i am aware that it goes around to the back too.

If i am sat down for too long, for example on the sofa i cannot straighten up properly, and i am in so much pain, it takes about 5 minutes of walking around to be able to stand up properly. Also it effects the way i walk, and i have developed a waddle (i normally wiggle lol) to help with the pain.

I am double jointed and wondered if that may have something to do with it, as i have clicky hips.

I am seeing my consultant on monday for the first time so i will mention it to him

buttonmoon78 Thu 16-Jun-11 07:55:58

Sounds like spd to me. I too have more pain round the sacro-illiac joint at the back.

I too have hypermobile joints (double jointedness). Many people who have this also get spd.

When you see your consultant ask for an urgent referral to a women's health physio as the earlier you tackle this the better.

There's a thread you might find useful - 'spd: who'll join me on the birthing ball'. There'll be a lot of info on there and any specific questions you have will be answered v quickly. Some of us are spd veterans over there!

kri5ty Thu 16-Jun-11 08:07:17

aww thanks hun, i have just found that thread now smile see you over there!

this consultant will hate me, i have nearly everything wrong going haha

xx

buttonmoon78 Thu 16-Jun-11 08:08:32

grin it's what they're paid for!

kri5ty Thu 16-Jun-11 08:48:51

Haha that is very true!

I really want a water birth, but being high risk, the midwife just threw the leaflet on the birth centre away as it was a "tease" lol, and as i have ME, have been told by people i may have to have a c section, but if it is spd then i have heard they make it worse

ahhh well it will all be worth it once my little bundle of joy arrives grin

thanks again hun xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now