Talk

Advanced search

could baby's head being engaged fool me into thinking I have SPD?

(1 Post)
TinyDiamond Wed 15-Jun-11 22:30:49

Hi there,

I'm 31 weeks.

For a week now I have been having pretty horrendous pelvic, hip and lower back pain. It came on last tues (typically the day after I saw mw) and has become progressively worse every day. Baby was ceph when she felt.

The pain is very strong when I get up in the night and in the morning. It seems to lessen to bearable for the rest of the day as long as I am not walking-walking really hurts.

I keep wondering whether the head actually could've engaged this early, is that possible?? Reason for this is that baby is having alot of hiccups lately and I can feel the head jump actually on my cervix and pressure on pelvis and I cannot move without an extreme waddle and at a very slow speed sad

The other thing is when I do my pelvic floors it feels very different kind of like I am actually squeezing up onto something...ie the head. Would I even be able to feel this?

I have always been weeing very frequently but pressure on bladder has definitely also increased.

If head has engaged does that mean I could go into premature labour? Got lots of braxton hicks today but was in an overly hot cafe far too hot and bothered and they lessened after I cooled down again so put it down to that. I did call community midwives they told me no chance of an appt and to take paracetamol...

Sorry for long post hoping somebody has some words of wisdom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now