Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Poor DH..

(11 Posts)
PeterSpanswick Wed 15-Jun-11 22:30:45

I'm 28 weeks and feeling murderous towards him! I can be in the best of moods but as soon as he walks through the door he is all wrong!

Admittedly he is working long hours and rarely gets a day off so we haven't been spending much time together and I am generally tired and grumpy from working full-time, caring for ds, housework e.t.c. but none of this is new to me and I have the week off work so am actually more relaxed than usual and shouldn't complain!

Anyone else feeling irrationally irritated by their husband/partner? He's out training tonight and tbh I'm glad he's not here as his presence and endless faffing around is grating on me when he is. The poor man hasn't even done anything wrong, think I'll be blaming the hormones!

RingEir Thu 16-Jun-11 05:27:32

Yes! I have just posted on the 'bad temper' thread about this. I am 33 weeks and DH has been nothing but supportive and loving throughout the pregnancy but he keeps getting on my nerves for no good reason. I try to stay out of his way sometimes so the poor man can relax. I am taking a day off work tomorrow so that I can just potter about the house on my own without being in his presence! Mad I know.

KatyN Thu 16-Jun-11 11:15:43

I'm directing all my bad mood on my boss.. I've started having really violent dreams about him and everything.

THEN he had the audacity to ask me if I was alright this morning because I looked a state (he didn't mention the state).. the state was purely due to crying on my way to work.

he's not even done anyting bad!

midori1999 Thu 16-Jun-11 12:01:18

I'm 37 weeks and in a bad mood about everything! Luckily for DH we are having to live apart at the moment, otherwise I suspect he'd be getting the worst of it!

Scheherezadea Thu 16-Jun-11 12:11:50

I'm the opposite. Am 23 weeks and not working, so when DP comes in feel so full of guilt and thankful to him for working hard to keep me. I practically grovel on the ground every night, feel like I owe him the world!

Helzapoppin Thu 16-Jun-11 13:02:03

I had this a few weeks ago. Lasted for a couple of weeks, but it was a horrible feeling for both of us. Poor guy couldn't do a single thing right and I was narky about everything and taking quite a bit out on him. We normally get on brilliantly! Anyway, I'm 32 weeks now and it's all passed and we are back to our happy selves (mostly!)

LadyGoneGaga Thu 16-Jun-11 14:11:29

I'm glad it's not just me. I've been horrible to mine - prob since very early weeks to last few weeks. I'm so big and cumbersome now (at 34 weeks) that he has been having to do everything so am much more tolerant now. I feel so guilty but hopefully will be ok once my hormones settle again.

PeterSpanswick Thu 16-Jun-11 15:39:33

Fingers crossed this is temporary then - I'm starting to lose patience with myself so can only imagine how he's feeling. I apologise for my grumpiness and then two seconds later without fail I'm catsbumface about something else!

I told him this morning I felt like he wasn't paying the pregnancy enough attention/doing enough for me and then when he rang at lunchtime to see how I was feeling I got all frustrated and told him to stop fussing! Luckily I caught myself and we had a laugh about it! I'm a raging hormonal lunatic!

Coppernoddle Thu 16-Jun-11 18:45:06

I don't think I've smiled at DH in over two weeks!!! I rant, I rage, I'm ratty and very irritable and shout at him when he stops stroking my hair!!! The man deserves a medal!!

theonlyhb2 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:18:07

i would have left me by now

alliwant Thu 16-Jun-11 21:44:34

Most of the time I am snappy and shitty and want to rip his head off! If he has to work late I literally have murderous thoughts... How dare work need him more than me! I am a total bitch at the moment, don't know how he puts up with me. Lets hope the hormones settle down a bit soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now