Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Having a clear show

(14 Posts)
1stTimeMum1 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:04:52

I'm almost 37 weeks and the last 2 days have been having a clear show. Does this mean baby is on its way? I've not been having any pains and this is my first baby.

PaperView Wed 15-Jun-11 21:05:37

t may not be a show, it may just be an increase in discharge which is VERY common that late.

thisisyesterday Wed 15-Jun-11 21:08:27

yes i was going to say the same as paperview, could well be increased discharge

1stTimeMum1 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:11:09

I havent noticed any discharge before yesterday..

QueenCee Wed 15-Jun-11 21:20:40

I had this.... About 2 weeks before DD arrived. Had a bloody show the day I went into labour.
The clear show can come anytime before labour but generally a weeks before. That's what my "what to expect when you're expecting" said... And it was right.

crochetcircle Wed 15-Jun-11 22:02:07

I've had this since 36 weeks - now over 40. So for me it didn't mean anything sad

Have mentioned it to the midwife several times.

I hope it means something for you though!

jenrendo Wed 15-Jun-11 22:04:39

I had loads of the horrible clear stuff for a couple of weeks before. I didn't have the actual bloody show until I was actually in labour x

prolificwillybreeder Wed 15-Jun-11 22:25:07

Oh boo I've had lots of discharge which does occasionally look um a bit TMI snot mucus like. Is that a show? So confusing.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 15-Jun-11 22:29:13

I had loads of mucus/discharge in the last couple of weeks, even had to wear a liner to ahem, reduce the dampness. Didn't get a full bloody show til an hour before DS was born

jenrendo Thu 16-Jun-11 08:32:52

Prolific, that doesn't sound like a show, just minging discharge, sorry! It's exactly what I had, and had to use pantyliners for the first time in my life! Yuk!

prolificwillybreeder Thu 16-Jun-11 08:50:16

I thought as much, thanks Jenrendo. It is pretty gross. Now I know what panty liners are for!

jenrendo Thu 16-Jun-11 16:11:42

Ha ha I know I always wondered too! Ahhhh the things you will learn over the next few months......

prolificwillybreeder Thu 16-Jun-11 21:08:39

The worst thing is, this isn't even my first!

perrinelli Fri 17-Jun-11 19:40:30

I'm 38+2 and have just had to put a panty-liner in for the first time - quite lot of discharge which is clear or creamy - sorry if tmi. Hoping this means things might get going fairly soonish.... DD1 came at 39 wks exactly and I had a small bloody show the day before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now