Talk

Advanced search

Question about being large for dates.....

(2 Posts)
apple99 Tue 14-Jun-11 17:44:09

I saw my midwife this morning who measured me and said I am measuring 34.5, I am 31 weeks tomorrow. Apparently you are allowed to be 3cm over but anymore and they like to look into it. I have been measuring 3cm over for the last few appointments and no-one seemed overly bothered.

I stupidly didn't really ask any questions as I had my 4 year old dd with me and was feeling hot and bothered as the surgery was like an oven.

What would they looking for when I go to the appointment on Monday? Am now worried that the baby is going to be huge and they will want to induce me early or similar. I do have a tendency to overthink things and am now fretting.

Anyone had a similar experience?

debka Tue 14-Jun-11 17:58:04

Those measurements must be the most inaccurate and misleading way of gauging a baby's size ever. A lady on my post natal thread was measuring 46cm I think at 38wks- her baby was born by elcs at 38 wks and weighed just over 6lb!! Fret not. The most they'll do is send you for a scan, and probably not even that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now