Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

39 weeks, sudden crampy pains bearing down on cervix

(5 Posts)
FiveBells Tue 14-Jun-11 11:36:55

I've been experiencing these pains the last week or two, my obstetrician says its downward pressure on my cervix, pending the whole getting-ready-to-birth thing. Has anyone experienced these, and how did you alleviate them? They come on sharply and can wake me up from a deep sleep! At least it seems to be absolving me of any household responsibilities grin

ipredicttrouble Tue 14-Jun-11 13:26:44

Can't really offer any advice Fivebells but I'm nearly 39 wks and experiencing similar. So I know how you feel. Sorry I know that doesn't help much.

NightLark Tue 14-Jun-11 13:30:16

Same here - I don't think there is anything much you can do, it's just the baby headbanging your cervix in search of the way out.

Painful, aren't they?

They are the only thing that gets me sympathetic (or perhaps panicked?) looks from DH, but we are on baby no.3 so not much TLC around...

FiveBells Tue 14-Jun-11 13:43:34

I've been timing them because I was worried they might be contractions! I know they're headbuts, they're not regular and not like the contractions I had last birth. They're not fun, though!

ipredicttrouble Tue 14-Jun-11 19:32:59

Hope you get some relief soon. When's your due date?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: