Talk

Advanced search

Starting to feel baby move....

(7 Posts)
muzzy2011 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:30:46

Just a bit of reassurance needed. Started to feel baby flutters/flicks at about 16 weeks every other day or so. I now havent felt anything for about 4 days....im still only 17 weeks so I know its still early but any comments to make me feel better would be much appreciated smile

rooks14 Tue 14-Jun-11 10:10:05

Same thing happened to me at about two weeks after i first started feeling him kick! Was worried for a few days, and as usual started kicking just as i got to the midwife clinic!

Definaltey go and see the midwife/early pregnancy unit if you're worried! But i'm sure they'll give you the same talk i got saying that he/she hasn't settled into a regular pattern yet!

Renaissance227 Tue 14-Jun-11 10:46:36

I'm 21 weeks and still get long periods of time where there is very little or no movement, followed by days of lots of movement. Not sure why but could be to do with the position of baby.
If you are really worried I would talk to your midwife and get a scan arranged, but I am sure this is normal. Happened to me a lot between weeks 15 and 18. smile

Suzen875 Tue 14-Jun-11 10:50:32

How Amazing!! i remmeber feeling him move for the first time..:-)

lolajane2009 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:04:15

my baby had about a week where i felt nothing about the same time... he was just being lazy I think. I'm now 26 + 4 and he loves to boogie, especially at 2am.

ToriaPumpkin Tue 14-Jun-11 11:45:08

I'm nearly 21 weeks and still have days where I feel nothing right up until I decide to call the midwife and then get booted firmly in the belly button, I think, as Renaissance said it's just the baby sitting in different positions meaning the kicks and flutters aren't as obvious. I've spent most of this morning curled up eating chocolate to make sure there's plenty going on in there after a particularly nerve wracking day yesterday!

Between 16-18 weeks I terrified myself regularly when I couldn't feel anything but they're still relatively tiny so free to move around then. However, if you're really worried then call in. I was told they'd rather have a room full of women who are fine than someone sits at home scared.

KatieWatie Tue 14-Jun-11 11:49:28

I think it's perfectly normal. I 'felt' stuff at 16/17 weeks which in hindsight was the baby (didn't realise it at the time)... then nothing for about 2 weeks shock. No idea where baby went for a fortnight, must have been having a relaxing out-of-body experience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now