Talk

Advanced search

Tell me not to worry (or should i worry)

(9 Posts)
nannyl Tue 14-Jun-11 08:38:41

Im 27+2
last night when i went to the loo before bed, when i wiped i had the smallest amount of brown blood on wiping.
Enough to be there and not my imagination, but NOT alot.
Baby has been kicking loads, and kicked loads last night and is kicking as normal this morning.
My heart listener thing sounded normal.

I feel fine and have no pain.

(though i did have more back ache than normal yesturday, to the point where i blew up my birth ball as concluded the sofa was giving me back ache) Could that have done something?

I did panic but am trying to be realistic... it was the smallest amount possible, brown, and it seems to have stopped.

Also should I go to aquanatal (the highlight of my week) today, so long as i have no more?

Think im extra worried as my aunt (only 10 years older than me) has lost 3 babies between 23 - 26 weeks (no reason found) and just last week my cousin (31 weeks) was admitted to hospital as her babies heart beat was too fast. (but all is fine and she in out now and they are not worried at all any more)
But it makes me think AGH!!!!

JeewizzJen Tue 14-Jun-11 08:50:41

It's hopefully nothing, but, for your own peace of mind, why not give your midwife a quick call and discuss it with her?

smile

jasmine51 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:34:07

It doesnt sound like anything significant, probably some 'edge bleeding' from the placenta - which I had at around 20 wks. However get yourself checked. FWIW placentas do move during pg, usually upwards, and this movement can cause little bits to break off. As long as blood is brown and low in quantity I dont think you need be too worried. x

nannyl Tue 14-Jun-11 09:45:10

thanks jasmine and jewwizz.

I think minute quantity is more accurate than low quantity smile. Any less and it really could have been my imagination.

Pretty sure if i call midwife they will want to see me, and really can think of better places to be than hospital on such a lovely day.

I promise that if there is so much of a drop more (and i dont think i had even as much as 1 whole drop last night) I will call midwife.
Perhaps ill get an appt at midwife clinic on friday too, just to be told not to worry, (and not have to spend a hot summers day driving two 45 mins journeys to and from hospital, to see midwives who i have never seen before)

also im planning a home birth and at the moment i am completly low risk with no reason for them to advise "no" and then have to fight.
Might be easier all round if they dont know at all?

MainlyMaynie Tue 14-Jun-11 09:53:18

I had bleeding at around the same stage. Actually can't remember when, 27-29 weeks I think. It was red though and more than yours. I got referred to the PAU for tests, which was very reassuring and didn't take too long. They didn't find any cause and it hasn't been an issue for me having a home birth.

G1nger Tue 14-Jun-11 10:54:36

I got a bit of blood after sex this week, for the first time. I know from my books that it can be normal, but I mentioned it to my GP anyway at my routine appointment. Just to be sure, she wants to swab for bacteria.

CBear6 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:00:55

I bled on and off virtually all the way through with DS, sometimes brown and sometimes red. I was told by the maternity unit that bleeding, especially in later pregnancy, must always be checked out.

Because it was brown I would rush down there but I'd definitely be giving the midwife a call. It's a 99% certainty that it's nothing, sex in the last 48hrs, baby or placenta dislodging a bit of womb lining, cervical erosion/irritation - all benign causes of pregnancy bleeding. Best to get a check though and because it's not loads and it's not frequent it won't affect your home birth.

HarderToKidnap Tue 14-Jun-11 15:19:57

What blood group are you? If Rhesus negative then you need to call up and ask their advice. If Rhesus positive, I would be tempted to only call if it happened again (personal POV).

nannyl Tue 14-Jun-11 15:39:39

thanks for all the advice.

My blood group is A+ve so pleased I dont have to worry about being negative. (hadnt thought about that!)

It was the smallest amount possible, and baby is still kicking away. I dont feel like there is anything wrong.
There has been no trace of any more, so im going to carry on regardless, but if i get anything else at all will call midwife and see what they say smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now