Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Carseat question

(13 Posts)
nunnie Mon 13-Jun-11 20:50:05

www.multimac.co.uk/3_child_car_seat

Has anyone seen or got one of these?

aethelfleda Mon 13-Jun-11 21:23:03

They look really interesting but MAN have you seen the prices?!!!

At £1100 a pop you could use that to get a bigger car!!

nunnie Mon 13-Jun-11 21:31:27

But I wouldn't need a bigger car with this. We aren't in the situation where we can afford a new car this year, but would need one as can't fit the three carseats I have in my car as they are.

I know it is expensive but so is buying a new car.

aethelfleda Tue 14-Jun-11 12:15:03

Oh yes, point taken, we have a Skoda Fabia and this sort of thing
could be great as our Fabia has only two 3-point belts and a lap belt.

But I showed the pic to my DH and his immediate response was "we can swap cars for that!"

They do look well put together though.

rightontime Tue 14-Jun-11 15:35:46

Not got one but we bought our new car for £2200 and can get 3 seats in the back. It also has much more space to get into the back to strap children in and a bigger boot space. If you don't need more internal space though than it looks like a good idea and half the price of a new second hand car

nunnie Tue 14-Jun-11 16:15:53

We have an estate car so boot space isn't really an issue, it's just the middle seat is smaller than a standard seat, so can't fit a car seat on it. We were looking at new car but also need extension so was hoping this would be best all round, as we buy newish low mileage cars, then we run them till they are very high mileage and keep them for 6 years+ this one is only 4 years old and still has plenty of miles left on it.

aethelfleda Tue 14-Jun-11 18:59:58

Sounds like a good 'un then nunnie though testimony from someone who's used one does sound sensible in case there are issues eg children being able to undo straps too easily. Maybe there are motoring forums out there with other peoPle who have reviewed them?

PrincessScrumpy Tue 14-Jun-11 19:39:15

I can see that you can get 3 kids in the back but it won't make your car wider so how will you fit 3 car seats in? Am I missing something?

thisisyesterday Tue 14-Jun-11 19:58:47

there is someone on here who has one i think. mahybe start a thread with multimac in the title?

i love the look of them, tried to persuade dp to get one but he wasn't having any of it

another alternative however may be just to replace your carseats (depending what car you have), there are some that are quite narrow...

nunnie Tue 14-Jun-11 20:54:00

PrincessScrumpy it already ahs the carseats built in.
I have been looking for reviews but there aren't many, no rush to buy so am not going to rush into anything. I have a couple of issues with it myself, but hoping to find someone who might cover it in their review sow ill keep looking.

It was my DH that asked on a car website about what car they suggest and someone sugeested it. Have spoken to him on the phone tonight (he works away) and he has thrown a few car names in to the mix now, so think he is still looking into possible car change anyway.

Will have a look around for narrower seats too thank you.

harrygracejessica Tue 14-Jun-11 22:27:05

My friend has one for her twins and daughter. Was fab and saved her havng to swop cars while the kids were in bigger baby seats smile

AKMD Tue 14-Jun-11 22:32:15

It's fine right up until the first child outgrows their carseat. Then you will need a bigger car.

aethelfleda Tue 14-Jun-11 22:51:12

well, AKMD the website says that this particular car-seat-contraption should fit children up to 12 years... but that may be an optimistic view, which is why the OP is looking for actual experienced reviews. A bit like the Maclaren twin buggy which is great but many toddlers end up too wide to be comfy in it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: