Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

moving half way through pregnancy

(8 Posts)
chocolatesparkle Mon 13-Jun-11 18:30:36

Hi, If everything goes to plan, we will be moving region when i am about 15 weeks pregnant. I'm not too worried about the actual move (yet!) but more concerned about picking up maternity services in my new region without getting lost in the system and missing out on midwife appointments/scans.
Does anyone have experience of this?
Also, once i move, will i be too late to get booked into things like looking around the maternity units/antenatal classes. I hear that they get booked up early and as this is my first, really dont want to miss out. Thanks for any help.

iskra Mon 13-Jun-11 18:33:34

I'm moving at 30 weeks. Haven't done it yet so can't say how it worked out... You could book NCT classes before you are in the area if you wanted to.

ragdollismyname Mon 13-Jun-11 19:06:24

I don't think you'll have much of a problem just register with a GP asap and try and get a midwife app asap even if it's not your usual time to have one. Take your green notes with you and hopefully all will be well.
I know a few people who have unexpectedly given birth in a different hospital in a different region in an emergency when visiting family etc and they were well looked after so even if the hospital had never heard of you you'd still be ok!! Just keep well informed and demand the care you need if you're having any problems. I wasn't booked on to my antenatal classes until well past 20weeks so you shouldn't have any problems there. Good luck with the move!! x

Fresh01 Mon 13-Jun-11 19:35:31

HI,
We moved from Australia to the UK when I was 14 weeks pregnant with no. 2. It was no trouble at all. I just made sure registering with my new GP was one of the first things I did. I also took all my notes/test results/scan images with me and gave them to the new midwife.

After the GP sent a letter to the hospital to get me on the maternity list I did have to follow it up with a phone call to them to make sure I was fitted in for the 20 week scan.

We went on a weeks holiday to Scotland over New Year when I was 36 weeks pregnant with no. 3 and I just asked my midwife if I could take my notes file with me for that week just in case anything happened they would have all the information to hand. They were fine with me doing this.

Hope the move goes well.

chocolatesparkle Mon 13-Jun-11 19:57:41

thanks to you all, for your help and reassurance. I just worry and need to get my head around these things!

happytree Mon 13-Jun-11 21:30:49

Hi, I'm moving at 36 weeks!!! Very nervous but no other way around it so am just keeping my fingers crossed that all will run smoothly.

fairy1978 Mon 13-Jun-11 22:36:10

Hi, I moved from Nottingham to Devon when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my first. I just called the new local doctors beforehand and arranged an appointment for a couple of days after I had moved. Everything went fine and I had my little girl 2 days before her due date.
Try not to worry about it, you just need to make calling the local health centre a priority when you get there or before.
Good luck x

Sargesaweyes Mon 13-Jun-11 23:41:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: