Talk

Advanced search

Shocked!!!

(11 Posts)
QueenCee Mon 13-Jun-11 16:38:19

DH and I took a year to conceive DD. This was after a laparoscopy. The dr said the operation seems to "clear out the cobwebs" and alot of women fall PG afterwards. Before that PG I had a MMC... So the whole TTC thing was difficult and stressful.
DD now 7 months old. I EBF for 5 months and found out today I'm PG again!
I know it sounds stupid but we haven't used any contraception because getting PG didn't come easily for us.
I'm in utter shock. We are happy as we did want another DC, at some point!
I'm so worried that such a short gap is going to be seriously hard work. The reason I suspected I was PG is I've been so tired and sick.... So I think the PG is going to be hideously tiring and having a newborn and a 16 month is going to exhausting.
Anyone with similar experience? Help! I need some advice and some good mews stories I think as I'm very anxious!

misshey Mon 13-Jun-11 16:48:30

no advice im afraid as only have the one but wanted to give you a big congratulations!

princessdave Mon 13-Jun-11 16:48:44

sorry no experience here but didn't want to read and run - Congratulations! smile

Rootatoot Mon 13-Jun-11 16:49:08

Congratulations! Sounds just like my best friend. Took ages to conceive 1st DS then fell pregnant super quick with 2nd, and she did same as you re contraception because didn't think it would happen. It is hard work having toddler and baby, but on the upside, her boys are really close and it's lovely. My own DH and his bro have similar gap and so do I with my bro, and we are all pretty close. Just wanted to put some positive thoughts your way though I totally understand you feeling anxious. smile

CBear6 Mon 13-Jun-11 16:51:08

Congratulations!

I have a slightly bigger age gap - DS is 21mo and I'm 27 weeks with DD.

This baby was conceived after a mmc at 15 weeks and I spent the first four months worrying and stressing and bracing myself for the worst. It's only now that in starting to relax into it because I feel her move. DS was also a post-mc baby so my pregnancy with him was spent knicker-checking. He's my proof though that healthy pregnancies can follow mc.

It is exhausting being pregnant and having a little one to look after. With my DS pregnancy I was able to indulge myself a lot more with lie-ins if I was tired and dodging the kitchen if I felt sick and so on. This time round I had to get up, tired or not. I had to make breakfast for DS at the very least, sick or not. And I can't count the number of times the little darling slammed the toilet lid on my head when I was in my sicky phase!

I can't give any advice on what it'll be like once both babies have arrived because I'm not that far yet but this time round has been slightly cheaper because I still had lots of DS's baby things. I've had to buy girl clothes but that's about it as his blankets and sleeping bags were all neutral colours and his baby toys, nest, etc were unisex. I haven't had to buy half as much.

Congrats again smile

QueenCee Mon 13-Jun-11 16:52:55

Thank you for your quick responses. It's all still a big secret and the moment so needed to chat to MN to get it off my chest smile

fatbottomgirl Mon 13-Jun-11 17:07:41

Just wanted to let you know I have a 16 month gap between my first 2. Although some of it was hard work (2 in nappies, different nap times) A lot of it was easierwinkwink. And now even dc1 is a girl and dc2 is a boy they are very very close and look after each other.
3 dc was born when dc2 was 25 months and it was great as well.grin
I am more worried this time round as I'm 33 weeks with dc4, but there will be nearly a 5 year gap between number 3 and number 4 blush I am more worried that dc4 will fell left out and have no close siblings. Can see a quick number 5 winkwinkwink

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 13-Jun-11 17:44:23

Congratulations x
My best friend had her daughter 2 weeks before her son turned 1 & they are all fine. She has 8 & 5 yr old sons too & is now a single mum. It is nice if you have a friend/family member to give you some time out & I helped as much as I could during pregnancy & now go to baby groups with her so both kids have 1 on 1 time. I volunteer for Homestart & do the same for a mum with twins but with planning & juggling all will be great. Just think how close your bubbas will be xx

harrygracejessica Mon 13-Jun-11 17:54:26

There was 15 months between my son and twin daughters, the pregnancy was very tiring, they are now nearly 3 and 4 and have just had more twins and that pregnancy was exhausting. It's a case of rest whe you can smile

QueenCee Mon 13-Jun-11 18:00:07

Twins?? Oh my goodness... We have twins in our family and am worried I could be expecting twins as morning sickness has happened seemingly at the time of conception. Convinced myself it's twins and panicking about coping with 3 LO's!!! arrrggghh!

NatzCNL Mon 13-Jun-11 18:05:26

Congratulations OP! What a lovely surprise, I fell quite quickly with DD2 as I had just finished BF and was waiting to go back on the pill. There is 16 months between my 2 DD's and I have to say it wasn't as hard as I had expected it to be. Both were in nappies at the same time - which to be honest wasn't a problem as DD1 was quite keen to learn to use the potty and would let me know when she needed a change, it was just a bit costly.
They are 3 and 4 now and best friends, DD1 was always very involved with DD2 from the moment we brought her home from the hospital. I love the fact that they are close in age now, although felt incredibly guilty to start with as felt I had cheated DD1 of mummy and daddy time, but that quickly disappeared when I saw her kissing her little sister saying 'love you bubba sista' smile
Am now expecting DC3 and they are both incredibly excited. They sometimes bicker and wind each other up, but usually only when they are tired. Hardest part of having 2 so close in age is when they get sick - more in the baby days than now, and both need you at the same time. Spent many days just sitting on the sofa, covered in sick wrapped in a blanket... but I smile about it now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now