Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

removing limescale from old steriliser

(7 Posts)
oinkyoink Mon 13-Jun-11 16:11:02

hi
does anyone know the best way to remove limescale from my old microwave steriliser? i had it with dd1...

any ideas let me know! thanks smile

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Jun-11 16:14:30

You can buy descaling sachets from Boots for sterilisers - mine was a steam steriliser though but am sure you can read the back and see if works for a microwave steam one

Look in the baby section

FrumpyPumpy Mon 13-Jun-11 16:26:51

I have bought citric acid from amazon, 100g £1 free postage. Use 10g. You are meant to descale every 2-4 weeks so this should last a bit I hope.

KatyN Mon 13-Jun-11 19:34:17

I tend to mix vinegar with boiling water. if it doesn't all clear if (and you can put the steriliser in the microwave) if you neuk it for a minute or so to warm the mix it'll clear it faster.

Leave overnight.. hey presto. funny smell in the room but nothing chemically on the steriliser!

hadak Mon 13-Jun-11 21:00:09

I also used Citric acid. You can buy this in Boots

rightontime Tue 14-Jun-11 16:00:58

I got some descaler sachets from Tesco not sure what in them but it worked a treat.

DilysPrice Tue 14-Jun-11 16:10:30

Vinegar for me, just left it in overnight and then washed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: