Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

"Patiently"; waiting!!

(10 Posts)
LDNlady Mon 13-Jun-11 15:37:03

I say patiently at a push! Am 40+6 and really, really ready for this all to get a move on! I know there are women out there who've gone longer but I am now just tired, tired, tired, and bump feels like it'll drop to the floor every time I stand up. Each day she's in there I am panicking about things going wrong and how big she'll be when it comes to the birth!!

I had a sweep yesterday and apparently there was no dilation at all, cervix still long & thick and MW could only get a finger tip in. She's booked me in for induction on Sun 20th but I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that. Urgh, really trying not to moan but that's just what I've done eh? Fingers crossed things start to move of their own accord soon.

nannyl Mon 13-Jun-11 15:54:21

poor you

hope baby makes an appearance soon.

LDNlady Mon 13-Jun-11 19:57:16

Thank you! It's definitely at that stage where I'm hoping every twinge or tweak is the beginning of it all! smile

coldcomfortHeart Mon 13-Jun-11 20:42:35

I am not patiently waiting at all. I am exactly the same gestation as you and utterly fed up! I can't face going to toddler groups/running into people in town because of the onslaught of comments... one lady I barely know was most concerned that my baby must be in the 'wrong position' because I have such a huge, prominent bump. She would not shut up about it!

I need no further advice on curries/sex/pineapple/rhubarb(?!)/long walks/hill climbs/scrubbing floors ETC!

Oh dear. Trying to think 'each day is a day closer'...

LDNlady Mon 13-Jun-11 21:19:29

Oh Coldcomfort I know! I am sick and tired of the 'helpful' suggestions that people keep offering and the texts and phone calls asking if she's here yet. Yes of course she's here, in fact she's been here for four days but couldn't be arsed telling anyone! angry

coldcomfortHeart Tue 14-Jun-11 10:14:59

I ate a whole pineapple last night AND enlisted DH's, ahem, assistance but still very much pregnant this morning... sweep today so fingers crossed. I'm going to ask the midwife not to hold back- give it your all, woman!

LDNlady Tue 14-Jun-11 10:36:24

Ooh good luck for the sweep, hopefully it'll do the job for you. I have had bit of a show during the night and this morning but no other signs as yet so have spent most of my morning on my ball, bouncing and rolling around in the hope it'll dislodge her. grin I looooove pineapple and it's the only other thing for me left to try. A whole one that is as have had pots of the stuff but not the full thing. Can't bring myself to do the deed so will just have to keep on with the nipple tweeking! smile Fingers crossed for your sweep.

coldcomfortHeart Tue 14-Jun-11 15:22:44

A show! I'm jealous! grin

The midwife wasn't happy with the baby's head- bit high apparently, plus I am Not Keen for induction (they do it at 12 days over here), so I have an appointment with the consultant tomorrow to have a scan and to negotiate a date.

I want to go 14 days from my period date but that will make me 40+17 which I know they will have a hairy canary over. Not looking forward to it at all, doctors can be real bullies persuasive. sad

Then mw will come to my house on Thurs and do a sweep.

Off to google NICE guidelines/research on induction etc so I can be forearmed...

I was 11 days over with my first (and went on my own) so you think I'd be prepared for all this but the midwives last time were a lot more laid back.

Fingers crossed for you and any other overdue ladies out there...

sarahloula Tue 14-Jun-11 15:38:28

I feel for you, I went 11 days over. I'd been on maternity leave for over a month and was so bored and too big to venture far. I had a sweep which was unsuccessful. I did lots of reading-particularly pregnancy magazines.

ipredicttrouble Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:06

I'm only 38+5 but am already so impatient.

I keep analysing every movement/feeling and wondering if it's the start of labour when really I just need to bloody well chill out and wait smile. Easier said than done though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: