Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Tmi- Advice needed discharge!

(8 Posts)
tavish Mon 13-Jun-11 12:24:41

I'm 38wks today and for the last week on and off I've had what I call girlie belly ache like i used to once a month it doesn't last too long but over the last couple of days I've also noticed -Tmi warning- that a few times whilst going to the toilet and wiping I've had a sticky "snotty" discharge,whilst hubby was doing my perineum massage last night he had a clump on his finger blush and I've had some again this am. Is this something I need to see mw about or the very very early stages of labour. Sorry for the length and ickiness. confused

MrsCLH Mon 13-Jun-11 12:31:43

Hi tavish

I was reading my pregnancy bible last night and it sounds like this could be your mucus plug coming away. It is an early sign of labour. Always worth calling your midwife anyway if you're concerned about anything.

Good luck!

Mrs H xx

ShowOfHands Mon 13-Jun-11 12:35:53

Increased discharge (leukorrhea) is normal in pregnancy and is only a problem if it smells or is accompanied by discomfort/fever.

Towards the end of pregancy you can lose your mucus plug in bits. It looks like snotty, globby stuff. A bit like the stuff they use to attach free samples to magazines. It may be blood streaked too over time.

tavish Mon 13-Jun-11 12:36:53

Thx Mrs H
I wasn't sure as I'd read that you get a discharge and about the plug but I thought the plug would come in 1 go and this does look snotty,creamy/green as opposed to poss blood tinged and comes in small blobs.
Again sorry for content.

harassedinherpants Mon 13-Jun-11 12:43:10

The plug can come away gradually, I've got 3 dc's and mine has only come away in one go once.

ShowOfHands Mon 13-Jun-11 12:43:13

The plug can be lost in bits, isn't always blood streaked and can just look like lumps of snot.

nunnie Mon 13-Jun-11 12:51:21

Never noticed a plus with previous two. But have what you are describing and have done for a few weeks no smell. I am hoever only 25 weeks.

tavish Mon 13-Jun-11 12:52:45

Thx ladies you've put my mind at ease,as always where would we be without mumsnet. Sounds as though it could be my plug which to me sounds excellant as due to be induced on 22nd and was hoping to start naturally before,so fingers crossed in with a chance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: