Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown blood loss and pains

(3 Posts)
dessirie Mon 13-Jun-11 10:57:21

Me and my husband had sex whilst I was ovulating, and just over a week later I had some spotting. I had some symptoms that go with pregnancy. Then another week later (last Monday) I was losing brown blood, not heavy like my period, but a steady occurence. This lasted Mon and Tues, then Weds and Thurs I didn't lose any blood. I did a pregnancy test (4 days before my period was due - was negative). Then Friday and Saturday I lost a greater amount of brown blood and got period like pains for a while. Did another pregnancy test 2 days after my due period - negative again. The symptoms I was having dissappeared. Then Sunday didn't lose any blood again. Am so confused about what could be going on. I definately haven't had a period, and am having such strange twinges down there (never had before). Don't know if I should do another test in a few days (but they are so expensive). Can anyone advise, or has anyone experienced the same kind of trouble? It's scarey when you don't know what's going on in your own body and I hate not knowing if it's a miscarriage, or something else sinister.

KateeTheBump Mon 13-Jun-11 11:17:42

If you can bear to wait for a few days, you can get some cheap tests from Ebay (IIRC you get 10 for £3) so can peeonastick to your heart's content. It does sound like it might be - sometimes it takes a while for the hormones to build up to the correct levels, or you might be one of those who always tests neg. Alternatively, you could go to your GP and request a blood test, which is a more reliable method.

Brown blood does sound a bit like it could be implantation, and symptoms can come and go.

I hope you get the outcome you want x

dessirie Wed 15-Jun-11 15:33:58

Thanks for your reply KateeTheBump. I have had slight bleeding since the weekend (less than previously)s, am planning to do a test this Friday. Fingers crossed! And thanks for the info on the great deal for pregnancy tests. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now