Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable sleeping - any advice??

(8 Posts)
minstrel75 Mon 13-Jun-11 10:17:01

I am now 27 weeks with a fairly sizeable bump and am suddenly having terrible problems getting a half-decent nights sleep. I'm trying to sleep on my left side as much as possible but have been woken up the last couple of nights with a stitch like pain just under my bump on the left side. Hauled my way onto my right and the same thing happened on that side. Am also trying to sleep semi-upright on a bf pillow which helps a bit but not massively. If anyone has found the answer to a decent nights sleep I'd be v grateful for any tips (even though I know this is nature's way of preparing me for the sleepless nights ahead!!)

Thank you!

F1rstT1meMummy Mon 13-Jun-11 10:41:02

Oohhhh watching with interest! 37+3 here and cannot get comfy at all. Plus i am not allowed on my back because babys heart rate drops way to low when i do!

JeewizzJen Mon 13-Jun-11 10:52:32

Have you tried a pillow under your bump to support it? I can't lie on my side comfortably without one!

GiraffeAHolic Mon 13-Jun-11 11:06:27

A full length body pillow? You can buy them but they're £££s. Dh's grandmother made me one buy combining three pillows and making a cover for it, made sleeping much more comfortable

natwebb79 Mon 13-Jun-11 12:08:06

I bought a Mum E Pillow for £35. Pricey but can be used to aid breast feeding and worth every penny for a good night's sleep!

SenoritaViva Mon 13-Jun-11 12:11:28

I used to get loads of pillows (I think about 5!) and fit them in wherever it felt good. Funnily enough putting a pillow between my knees was particularly satsifying, think it was good for my spine (but naturally only for a limited time).

Cattleprod Mon 13-Jun-11 12:22:50

This is what you need. The fins or tail are perfect for resting your bump on, and he's so mich nicer than a boring old maternity pillow!!

wolfcubEm83 Mon 13-Jun-11 12:29:50

Snap, my little one is very, very active at night and when she stops squirming i worry that im squashing her little arms and legs so im constantly changing sides and wake up every 30 minutes. Just managed a whole hour on the sofa so may sleep here from now on!!!!

Anyone else developed a snore like a drunk old man?? I wake myself up snoring im that loud, my DP has started moving into the spare room when i get too bad grin

Ooh F1rst1mummy im 37+3 aswell, exciting stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now