Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

stretching, strained feeling in tummy at 7 weeks

(8 Posts)
mershy Sun 12-Jun-11 23:37:01

just joined mumsnet... am 7 weeks pregnant and have felt a little nausea with a stretching feeling in lower tummy...is this normal?

d0gFace Sun 12-Jun-11 23:46:41

Yep, mine felt abit weird in weeks 5/6/7, like a pulling sensation.

Congrats on your pregnancy. smile

georgie22 Sun 12-Jun-11 23:48:38

Yes - I can remember being freaked out by the stretching discomfort you describe. I used a warm wheat bag which helped me. My midwife reassured me that it was just the ligaments stretching as your uterus gets bigger. It was a problem on and off for quite a bit of my pregnancy if I remember correctly and it was worse if I stood for too long. The nausea is very normal - I had it from the day I got my BFP but was lucky that it wasn't severe, just a feeling of nausea intermittently. Good luck - it's all fun and exciting but very scary too! Ask on here if you have any other concerns - there's loads of people who can help.

diedandgonetodevon Mon 13-Jun-11 00:02:41

Yes, sounds perfectly normal. I'm sat here feeling the same thing at 5+ weeks.

Congratulations smile

pregnantmimi Mon 13-Jun-11 02:17:01

oh yes I experainces all sort of strange pains lower back dragging feeling light period type pains my stomach hurt everyday very frightning when it happens till you talk to people and find out its quite normal. Supposed to get worried if bleeding or very bad painsxx

kri5ty Mon 13-Jun-11 07:48:24

Its just everything stretching out smile

As long as nothing is painful then its normal! I found lying with a pillow under my knees helped..

As for the nausea, i couldnt handle a lot of foods, only stratchy foods (and rustler burgers?!?) but i found i had to eat every 2 hours otherwise the nausea would come back with avengence!!

I am now 13+6... and it gets so much better smile my symtoms stopped around week 9, and i was in total panic, but the scan showed everything is fine!

Congrats!!

Scheherezadea Mon 13-Jun-11 11:03:02

I got this - was told it was the ligaments nad muscles stretching. As obviously when you are pregnant you get a bigger belly.

harassedinherpants Mon 13-Jun-11 11:11:05

It's very normal!!

Due to previous mc's I've had early scans. In 6 wk scan baby measured 5mm, at 8wks 15mm and on Friday at 12 week scan 55mm.... So they're doing a lot of growing in there at the moment!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: