Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

PANICKING

(13 Posts)
wonderif Sun 12-Jun-11 09:22:22

I had a mc last year at 17 weeks so when i found out i was preg this time i went to doc and pushed for an epc app. i went 2 weeks ago and instead of being 10 and half weeks they advised that i was only 6 weeks and staff nurse measured said she could maybe see a wee flicker which would be the heartbeat, however asked me to come back so i did that on friday past. diff nurse not nice at all did another internal scan no meausrements said that there had been no growth in a week and could not confirm heartbeat. when scanning was silent which just made me panic, she did not measurements said come in a week we have to give the benefit of the doubt at this stage. she said it may not develop into anything ??? nice bedside manner eh

so to say i am worried is an understatment then on the way out the door she said u do understand what i am saying dont you ? i felt like screaming at her YES I DO.

So i have to wait another week with my head all over the place luckily i have informed my employer because of what happened last time.

i still feel pregnant and infact was off sick with work due to how bad the sickness was last week.

any advice would be greatly appreciated !

thanks

wonderif Sun 12-Jun-11 11:07:54

anyone ?

Jill72 Sun 12-Jun-11 11:15:55

Morning Wonderif - can understand that you must be feeling dreadful. So sorry that you had such an unfeeling person - they see so many people that I think they forget how much this means to us all. I have my fingers crossed for you. Think you did the right thing telling work so at least you can have a bit of space - hope they are being supportive. Don't forget if you are only 6 weeks it will be difficult for them to 'find' the heartbeat as baby is soo tiny - may well have been hiding from Grotbags!!!! keep us posted! xxx

wonderif Sun 12-Jun-11 11:41:31

thanks jill i will be 8 weeks this friday when i go back and they have told me it should be visible i also had a scan with my now 5 year old at 6 weeks and could pick up everything which is what makes me more concerned.

thanks for ur reply will update on friday if get anywhere smile

Jill72 Sun 12-Jun-11 12:31:44

smile xx

PreScanName Sun 12-Jun-11 12:43:47

Fingers crossed for you, OP. That nurse sounds like a right dick angry

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sun 12-Jun-11 14:44:56

Good luck xxx

PrincessScrumpy Sun 12-Jun-11 15:04:37

I had a scan at 6w and had a sonographer like yours. She was pretty harsh in telling me I was only 4w (not possible) and sac was empty so probably not viable etc. A week later we had a scan that said I was 7w (as I thought) and it is twins.

I hope all works out for you, early scans are not always very reassuring I'm afraid. x

wonderif Sun 12-Jun-11 16:21:09

thanks for replies bit more reassuring this was a senior staff nurse in gyny work wouldnt you wonder why they are in the job if they cant even be nice !

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Sun 12-Jun-11 16:31:44

Bless you. Big hug and U hope all is okay xxx

Eviepoo Sun 12-Jun-11 18:24:33

No experience or advise from me, just a message that I do hope that it works out ok x

shellmc Sun 12-Jun-11 19:27:41

Cant imagine how you must be feeling, but i did have a scan at 6weeks with my DS amd it took a while for them to pick him up on the scan.
We did manage to find him and could make out the little flicker which was the heartbeat (only just tho)!!
FX that everything will be okay xxx

wonderif Mon 13-Jun-11 16:26:35

well i went to the gp today and they did bloods and want me to come back on wed to ensure that that the hormone level is doubling fingers crossed anyway.

also got some tabs to ease the sickness which she thinks is a good sign .

thanks for advice will keep posted x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: