Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Maternity knickers with longer legs to prevent chafing?!?! Anyone seen any?

(14 Posts)
manamana Sat 11-Jun-11 21:45:24

hi all. Am googling and hunting but with no luck so thought I'd consult you lot. Am in urgent need as I am wearing thigh high support stockings (to prevent my new varicose vein growing), which squish thigh out at the top, coupled with my support belt (for spd) which squeezes legs together....resulting in v painful chafing, ouch. I have got a couple of pairs of non-maternity support pants from m&s but I bought size 18 and they're now tight round my bump so don't think they'll last much longer.

mummytime Sat 11-Jun-11 22:17:23

There is an anti-chaffing cream called Lacane or similar, you could try that, it is supposed to work. (Lubricates the rubbing bits.)

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 11-Jun-11 22:17:32

I'm sure I saw some on JoJoMamanBebe when I was looking for pyjamas...

Let me look and I'll link you smile

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 11-Jun-11 22:22:03

Hmm, can't find them.

I'll keep looking smile

manamana Sat 11-Jun-11 22:31:16

Thanks for the cream recommendation but I definitely want to try and avoid any skin to skin action after the pain of one day in the heat without coverage. Thanks lovelybunch I'll have a look too.

Eviepoo Sat 11-Jun-11 23:02:11

I had a similar problem with chaffing - I tried cream (was ok for the first hour) and DH's boxers (just not quite long enough).

I got old cotton jersery PJ bottoms that were loose enough for my bump and cut them into bloomers.
Maybe not the sexiest of underwear - but hey they are the comfiest smile

You could even do the same with cheapo leggings - chop most of the legs off

I actually got a 2 pair pack of short maternity leggings for about £12 in new look - I just wear them under maxi dresses for the same effect

manamana Sun 12-Jun-11 13:32:14

Short leggings sound great - am going to check out new look, thanks. Loving the sound of your bloomers though :-)

Dartfordmummy Sun 12-Jun-11 15:10:34

Evans sell in their underwear section little shorts that stop chaffing. They are like the top part of your tights if that makes sense!! They are nice and stretchy.

belle29 Sun 12-Jun-11 17:44:46

I have a friend who had this problem and she bought some 'Comfort shorts' from Evans. Guess a pair of cut off tights might work the same?? I googled them for you and they are £6 on the Evans website in lingerie and then shape wear. x

belle29 Sun 12-Jun-11 17:45:35

x post - sorry smile

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Sun 12-Jun-11 17:48:10

What about these www.asos.com/Spanx/Mama-Spanx-Maternity-Mid-Thigh-Shaper/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=431527&utm_source=google_product_search&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google_product_search&WT.tsrc=Google%20Product%20Search I bought one pair when pg and they were great but appreciate they are pricey!

ShowOfHands Sun 12-Jun-11 17:48:46

I remember when v pregnant with dd that knickers just didn't work anymore. Especially as dd engaged early, my bump was low and the dratted things just rolled down. I wore dh's short longjohns, some of his boxers and some leggings that I butchered with the kitchen scissors. Not all at the same time mind.

There's a gap in the market I suspect...

FancyALittle Sun 12-Jun-11 19:03:10

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33054&storeId=12553&productId=1133955&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=Shorts&pageSize=20
If the link doesn't work, go to the Evans site and search for comfort shorts. They stop thighs rubbing and are very stretchy. They don't ride up like cut off leggings would and are breathable which is a must in this weather. Hope that helps!

manamana Sun 12-Jun-11 19:19:12

Thank you so much for all the advice. I have a new look and an evans in my local town so will be checking them both out this week. Yep, the spanx looked good but I seem to be spending so much on hideous underwear at the moment that I couldn't bear to shell out that much.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: