Talk

Advanced search

Liklihood of a VBAC?

(5 Posts)
Curlychica Fri 10-Jun-11 20:58:10

Hi all

A couple of years ago I had an emergency C-section with daughter (first child). This was mainly due to meconium in waters and then failure to progress quick enough after being given drip and epidural (funny cause I was contracting very strong and regular b4 they gave me a drip).

She was born almost bang on due date and weighed 10lbs1oz!!!! I was enormous. I also had SPD for second half of pregnancy and was in a huge amount of pain last few weeks.

How likey is it I will be able to have a VBAC and be supported in this decision. Anyone any experience of this? I'm also worried about getting gestational diabetes as they warned me of this last time. I am a bit overweight but not too bad. This would make it less likely for a natural birth again. Anything I can do to reduce size of baby? (My husband was a large baby if that makes a difference).

I'm very early on - only 5weeks.

misshey Fri 10-Jun-11 21:22:21

I to am wondering the same thing also had a c-sec last time I am going to see my doc next week with reguards to having another and what my options will be, will let you know how it goes an thankyou for posting this looking forward to what people say, congrats!

emsies Fri 10-Jun-11 21:37:33

My trust tends to push people towards a VBAC post-caesarean, unless there is a medical reason why not to so I think you should be ok. There is even a special VBAC clinic with advice and midwives on hand.

BikeRunSki Fri 10-Jun-11 21:44:10

My hospital policy is that all former-CS mums VBAC, unless the second (or subsequent) pg merits another CS in its own right.
Had CS last time, DC2 due in October.

Curlychica Sat 11-Jun-11 17:30:12

Thank you. Hope that is the case for where I am. Should probs make an app with doc soon to arrange scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now