Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bambino....your thoughts?

(7 Posts)
babybumpx Fri 10-Jun-11 19:14:30

I have ordered the Bambino mio nappy set smile anyone using them or attempted too? would love to know your thoughts on them

nannyl Fri 10-Jun-11 19:32:44

honestly... i really dont like them (or any other prefold)

give me a shaped sized nappy with a motherease airflow wrap anyday

Isthreetoomany Fri 10-Jun-11 19:38:22

Are these the Bambino Mio prefolded nappies? If so I used them and thought they were fine (although I have since read that some people find the newer style of all in one reusables easier).

You have to get the knack of folding them into the plastic pants, but I found that fairly easy to do. I adapted how I folded them after a bit. I folded them so they were a bit thicker round the edges than the leaflet suggested, as otherwise newborn runny poo used to escape out of the edges. (don't think that is necessarily a criticism of Bambino Mios though as had the same problem when using disposables).

I only used them during the day as they weren't absorbant enough for DD at night (used a disposable overnight). I don't know if that was down to the nappy itself or whether DD was unusually wet!

Am planning to use the same set of Bambinos again this time round.

willitbe Fri 10-Jun-11 19:38:24

Used the inners for each of mine, but the wraps were not so great, ended up with boots own outers and they worked fantastically with the small inners of the bambino mio. Also finding washable fleece liners were much better than disposable liners!

babybumpx Sun 12-Jun-11 08:47:56

Whats the new style? I've looked on youtube to see how its done, as was concerned about the liners but it looks fine....alot of people have said that they use disposables at night times as they not very good at night?

nannyl Sun 12-Jun-11 09:03:51

bambino mio will not get you through the night

but plenty of other (well boosted) cloth nappies will smile

such as a thick bamboo shaped nappy with some bamboo & or hemp boosters, and a ME airflow wrap or a wool wrap

babybumpx Sun 12-Jun-11 16:08:34

Thank you, i'll look them up smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: