Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

chips and vinegar yuummm

(30 Posts)
mopsytop Fri 10-Jun-11 18:05:37

I am having a total craving for chip shop chips with vinegar. Mmm. I can almost smell and taste the vinegar. I really really don't want to give in to this craving ... had planned a healthy quesadilla with broccoli, peas and mushrooms and a small bit of cheese for tea. Chips and vinegar is so much more appealing right now though!

Eviepoo Fri 10-Jun-11 18:25:51

Don't do it..I did it last night and felt crap all evening. On second thoughts just do it, you'll get the craving out of your system then. grin

mopsytop Fri 10-Jun-11 18:26:39

I am wavering. I am sure once I made the healthy option I would really enjoy it. Think I am going to be STRONG!

thegingerone Fri 10-Jun-11 18:31:10

SNAP. same craving. had if for weeks. Gave in on Tuesday. The chips were soggy and horrid,but I loved them and feel better for it!! I'm trying to eat lots of fruit to make up for it.

nunnie Fri 10-Jun-11 19:50:13

I can't eat cippy tea when pregnant sad gives me terrible trots and pains, in saying that it gives me trots when not pregnant. My pancreas isn't brilliant after haveing pancreatitis a few years back.

I miss my chippy tea!

NoWayNoHow Fri 10-Jun-11 20:00:37

My craving for vinegar was so strong during pregnancy that nothing would have kept me from the chip shop door when the need arose! I used to put so much vinegar on them that the fumes burnt my eyes and nose, and at the end of eating the chips, there would be a little vinegar lake at the bottom of the plate.

Mmm, I miss those days!

mopsytop Fri 10-Jun-11 20:47:21

I didn't give in, made a quesadilla instead with broccoli, peas, onion, mushrooms, chicken and a bit of cheese. It is very yum. Feeling quite smug with myself! wonder how long it will be before I crack ... !

ElleEW34 Fri 10-Jun-11 23:03:53

Thats really funny as for the last few weeks I can't stop eating salt and vinegar crisps. Never ever ate them before, i would always have cheese and onion (which i now can't eat). Bought Salt and Vinegar Snack a Jacks to try to be a bit healthier whilst satusfying my craving!

Weird - why is vinegar so appealing to us Mums to Be?!

mopsytop Fri 10-Jun-11 23:41:12

oooh S&V Snack a Jacks - what a brilliant idea! They are WAY better than chips or crisps. Might have to go procure some first thing tomorrow!

Continuum Sat 11-Jun-11 05:55:16

I have the vinegar thing too! Pickled gherkins really help!!

PinkFondantFancy Sat 11-Jun-11 06:54:12

Another vinegar addict here-I've managed to divert it to a pickled beetroot obsession for now but could fancy a bowl of chips floating in vinegar mmmmmmmm

prolificwillybreeder Sat 11-Jun-11 08:29:51

Is it wrong I could have a chippy tea right now!
Stuff the special k!

chocolateyclur Sat 11-Jun-11 08:46:34

I had fish and chips last night from a fantastic chippy. <happy shiver>

aurorasky Sat 11-Jun-11 11:43:33

I have the vinegar thing too! Thought it was just me. I could almost drink it a few weeks ago!

figgygal Sat 11-Jun-11 18:16:34

Me too loving vinegar not a chip fan though so not sure what to stick it on. Have sent husband for chips tonight though but Indian takeaway chips not fish shop ones

emmylou30 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:47:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

NoWayNoHow Sun 12-Jun-11 07:53:16

I also found pickled gherkins helped, and pickled onions too (if you are living on a remote island with no intention of being around or breathing on anyone!)

Coppernoddle Sun 12-Jun-11 16:34:30

Im Addicted to chips and vinegar too!! Hated it in my first two pregnancies, couldn't stand the smell of a chippy (two girlies) and this one cannot get enough of (boy)
This is my alternative; homemade chunky chips cooked in the oven with olive oil, cracked pepper and sea salt. And try them with balsamic vinegar, a good thick one (the more expensive the better tasting)! It's tastes sooooo much nicer and is way more healthier and you don't feel the guilt after! And, you can eat it with salad, veg, nice bit of fish etc! smile

Continuum Sun 12-Jun-11 16:39:06

Later on in the day after the pickled gherkins post I went full on with some balsamic vinegar crisps, and now I am salivating just mentioning vinegar! It's not right!

I'm having a boy.

Coppernoddle Sun 12-Jun-11 17:56:29

Sometimes sit there for lunch and eat a whole small French baguette with balsamic vinegar and a tiny bit of olive oil! Mmmmmmmmm, guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow! If you like the vinegary taste and want healthy, I've been eating ham salad sandwiches with spring onion, lettuce cucumber, beetroot (not in vinegar wink ) with wholegrain mustard and a little mayo, it really works as the mustard is quite vinegary and not too strong!

mopsytop Sun 12-Jun-11 18:06:36

mmm bread, olive oil and balsamic - yum but dangerous! I could eat a whole loaf!

Coppernoddle Tue 14-Jun-11 15:47:16

Ther one to try, I eat at least once a week is eggs Benedict! It's soooo lovely but you have to use the maille sauce from the jar, it's got a slightly stronger vinegary taste to it, and heat the jar as you would baby food in a pan of hot water not the microwave! So, muffin toasted, Parma ham, poached egg, a good dollop os sauce and some cracked pepper! Mmmmmmmmm!!!!

PoppysMom Wed 15-Jun-11 03:23:37

Yum pickled eggs, onions, gherkins smile
Couldn't get enough of it in the first trimester, but now have gone back to normal.
Quite fancy the chippy tonight though now...

Oh, I'm having a girl by the way

Coppernoddle Wed 15-Jun-11 10:06:54

Mmm yes poppysmom, sweet baby pickled onions!!

PoppysMom Thu 16-Jun-11 05:52:54

Mmm...indeed.
I had my drowned chips in vinegar yesterday for dinner and now want more sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now