Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bizarre things your body does during pregnancy

(38 Posts)
StrawberriesAndScream Fri 10-Jun-11 15:56:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CarolineLou Fri 10-Jun-11 16:26:35

LOL at number 2!! Thats so random. I understand the sleep thing though x

Isthreetoomany Fri 10-Jun-11 16:30:10

Weirdly I've found that I get hiccups lots and lots in the first few months. I mentioned this to my midwife but she'd never heard of anything like that before, so I expect that's just me.

lolajane2009 Fri 10-Jun-11 16:36:54

I wake up in a puddle of drawl.... so nasty. yep hiccups too here too in 1st trimester.

Newmom2b Fri 10-Jun-11 16:49:36

How weird is that - I sneeze twice every morning without fail and its always when I have a mouth full of cereal!! Only started when I became pregnant...

Newmom2b Fri 10-Jun-11 16:50:51

How weird is that - I sneeze twice every morning without fail and its always when I have a mouth full of cereal!! Only started when I became pregnant...

prolificwillybreeder Fri 10-Jun-11 16:57:04

I never hiccup in pregnancy but do when I'm not.
I also drool- lovely!

lolajane2009 Fri 10-Jun-11 17:02:14

oh some of my body hair has fallen out in patches too and my depression has gone and at the moment i am extremely happy. first time in years.

StrawberriesAndScream Fri 10-Jun-11 17:21:20

TinyDiamond Fri 10-Jun-11 17:31:37

My hair has changed colour, sort of lighter and redder. I wasn't too keen so have tried to dye it. Once at the hairdressers and once at home. However the colour wouldn't stick to my hair. Not even a little bit. Strange as I have been dyeing my hair on and off for years. Baby obviously likes the colour more than I do!

Sargesaweyes Fri 10-Jun-11 17:56:11

TallulahBetty Fri 10-Jun-11 18:07:13

OMG the drool thing!!! So glad I found this thread, I thought I was going mad as I find this every morning!

sunshineoutdoors Fri 10-Jun-11 18:29:11

I've got a weird red mark on my nose that looks like a spot, have had it since early days of pregnancy, now I'm 31 + 3 and it's still here. Has anyone experienced this? I'd love some reassurance that it will go away after the birth!

Eviepoo Fri 10-Jun-11 18:33:58

I've been getting a few silvery White hairs for a few years now....there's suddenly millions of them now

MamaLaMoo Fri 10-Jun-11 18:50:31

Oh this is embarrassing, I burp twice (always twice) whenever I turn over in bed, it has been happening for weeks!

Gauchitaconpanza Fri 10-Jun-11 19:06:39

I sneeze much more now, especially in the morning after having a shower, weird.
The hair on my legs is hardly growing these days, something which was welcome with open arms, of course!
I have spots, not too many but at least 2 at a time and always symmetrical, which freaks me out a bit, to be honest.
I'm 28+2.

Martha4791 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:10:08

Lots of huge hiccups and burps, and very painful nipples when the temperature changes.

candr Fri 10-Jun-11 19:11:49

The drool thing too but also have developed lots of little red marks on my neck and chest which I too hope will go after pregnancy. Lots of burping which DH finds funny is also a bit jelous as I now do them better than him

CBear6 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:16:18

My nesting instinct is messed up. Ordinary people Everyone else gets the urge to clean, not me. With DS I had a compulsion to buy pillows, mountains and mountains of them, I think I was actually trying to build a real life nest. With this one I have the urge to wash my hair twice a day and have it in my head that I must learn to crochet so that I can make her blankets rather than buy them. Full on, tears in my eyes in Mothercare "We can buy those! I have to make them!", went home and ordered a crochet kit. I've never crocheted in my life, I give it 20 minutes of trying before the tears and recriminations start.

I can't eat meat when I'm pregnant, it tastes too meaty.

JenniL1977 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:21:47

I've got those red marks on my chest too, candr, what is that about?
My moles have got bigger.
I've developed a obsession fascination with bunting.

Cattleprod Fri 10-Jun-11 19:30:14

The gas. Where does it all come from? And why is it so difficult to get out? I end up doing turkey impressions trying to burp it all out, or farting like a trooper!! It's so painful too.

PrisonerZero Fri 10-Jun-11 19:34:40

Definately dribbling and burping.

Extra greasy hair.

EsmeWeatherwax Fri 10-Jun-11 19:36:48

Dh always knows I'm pregnant because he can hear me snoring from downstairs. Also enjoying waking up in a puddle of drool every morning, and worst of all, when I do wake up, that's it. I'm awake. Whether its 10am, or more usually, 5!

silverangel Fri 10-Jun-11 19:39:44

Sunshine - I have a spot type thing on the bridge of my nose, had it since I found out I was pregnant and 24 weeks now - what is that all about?! Glad its not just mesmile

nickstermum Fri 10-Jun-11 19:40:22

have these scary huge blue veins that go down either side of my stomach.. only in pregnancy!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: