Talk

Advanced search

Did you have a show? What was it like? I think I may have had one.

(12 Posts)
PrisonerZero Fri 10-Jun-11 13:29:32

Which is very exciting for me as I have never had one before. I know I am sad, but am 40+ weeks so filling my time imaginary symptom spotting.

Had a sweep yesterday, and had sex last night - neither of these have ever worked in the past and have ended up being induced at 42 weeks with previous DC (a long time ago)

Went for a walk today, came home and went for a wee, and there was a jelly like blob in my knickers, it was quite firm and clear about the size of a finger nail.

Is this a show or mucus plug?

How long after your show did you go into labour?

tiokiko Fri 10-Jun-11 13:39:11

I had a show, kept worrying if I'd missed it as I was overdue but when I saw it I wouldn't have mistaken it for anything else IYKWIM.

It was a blob (spoonful?) of whiteish jelly with a streak of blood, contractions started later that evening and that was it (well, that was the start of 3 days slow labour at home but that was the start properly).

sueone Fri 10-Jun-11 13:40:31

This sounds like your show/mucous plug - same thing

I was already in delivery suite before I had my show so it must be different for everyone.

Sounds like things are going the right way for you! Hope you're not waiting for too much longer.

LadyGoneGaga Fri 10-Jun-11 13:44:52

Could be your mucus plug. I lost mine about 9 days before labour started. Was a jellyish snotty thing. But then had an unmistakable bloody show on the day labour actually started. Which was more like lots of clear mucus all streaked with blood.

banana87 Fri 10-Jun-11 13:54:44

My show was green...yuck...and very snot like. The night I was in labour it was blood streaked too.

PrincessOfWails Fri 10-Jun-11 14:22:24

I'm 36 wks and I had a show last Friday at 35wks (exact, no + anything!). But I'm not in labour. I don't think.

It was first a streak of brownish blood. Then over a couple of days, jelly, usually clear, but occasionally pink. Not masses of it - maybe tablespoonful?

PrisonerZero Fri 10-Jun-11 17:23:40

Thank you.

I have gone from obsessive knicker checking in the first 12 weeks to knicker checking again, like i'm completing some sort of knicker checking circle grin

Bit disappointed to realise it doesn't mean I am going to go into labour straight away but it still caused me a bit of excitment for a while blush grin

MeltingChocolateBunnies Fri 10-Jun-11 18:03:00

3-4 days before labour I had lots of plug come away. Probably about three good handfuls best described as looking like the gelatine in a porkpie. Then I had a bloody show about 1 hour before I actually gave birth. That was a big clear blob streaked with lots of blood.

CBear6 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:20:30

Mine was like pale orange jelly/snot and came away gradually over the course of a day, then when I was 4cm dilated and they admitted me the MW did a sweep to help me along a bit more (I'd been in labour 26hrs by that point and his head hadn't even engaged yet). About 20 minutes later I felt something sort of slip out (TMI, sorry!), went to the loo and had a huge blob of pale pinkish goo with a streak of blood in it.

PrisonerZero Fri 10-Jun-11 19:31:41

I think gelatine from the porkpie sounds about right for what I had. Only a finger nails worth though.

jezebelle Fri 10-Jun-11 20:14:03

My show with dd was huge, filled my hand !! I didn't have one with ds, but was induced and waters broken so i probably just didn't see.

peachsmuggler Fri 10-Jun-11 22:05:04

Mine was about a spoonful of gelatinus goo, a little streaked with blood on the Sunday afternoon. Waters broke Sunday night, contractions started Monday morning and DD forceped outta there on Wednesday morning.

I know it is quite possible to have days between a show and labour but hopefully this is the start for you. Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now