Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How fast/slow does the 3rd trimester go?

(16 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Fri 10-Jun-11 13:26:37

I'm 28+2 and time seems to have slowed down a bit since our 20 week scan. My bump has grown LOADS, in fact I don't know how much more my tummy can grow as it feels very tight!

I think having the 12 week and 20 week scans to look forward to speeds up the first and second trimesters ... anyone disagree?

Am I going to turn round in a few minutes, baby in arms and wonder where on earth the last 12 weeks went? wink

notnowbernard Fri 10-Jun-11 13:27:31

I found it a drag , tbh

Didn't help that I was overdue with all 3 as well

Pregnancy goes on forever

buttonmoon78 Fri 10-Jun-11 13:32:29

Well, here's the thing. In terms of your pg lasting, time actually goes backwards. Fact.

Except when it's in terms of organisation. Then you think you have loads of time but it suddenly goes quickly.

Strange but true!

33wks here, and at least a decade left to go...

hayesgirl Fri 10-Jun-11 13:42:24

everyone told me it would slow down after the scan but it hasnt at all! I am 31 weeks now and finish work in 5 weeks - i cant beleive how quickly it is all coming round! Might have something to do with the fact that I have been really busy so havent had the time to really sit around and think about how my pregnancy is going, if you know what I mean! x

LadyGoneGaga Fri 10-Jun-11 13:48:21

Well we have to move house, so it is going very fast as we aren't organised. But when I think about how big and uncomfy I am (at almost 34 weeks) time magically slows down. I think this is a very boring part of pregnancy. Late enough to be uncomfortably big but too soon to get really excited about baby coming any day!

Is also strange thinking baby could come any time between 3 weeks time (37 weeks) and 8 weeks (42 weeks) and still be normal term!

Coldcuppacoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 13:52:47

It is both slow and fast, that's what is so challenging as you're not in control of which way it's going.

For me, the wait after my due date was the longest time in the world. Nothing can prepare you for that kind of waiting.

Worth it though.

lolajane2009 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:15:43

i hope not too fast... 26 weeks today and loving that i can protect him in there and feel him in there.

wolfcubEm83 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:19:40

Too fast!!!!
Im 37 weeks today and it only seems like ten seconds ago that i was looking forwards to the 20 week scan.
LadyGoneGaga im also moving house, tomorrow and very ecxited about that, especially because im not being allowed to do anything, ill just sit on the sofa with a cup of tea and 'supervise' the moving.

Enjoy every minute because it will be over soon and then you wont have a minute to yourself. I personally take an afternoon nap every day grin spend ages in the bath and read lots of books because i know i wont be able to do that soon.

LadyGoneGaga Fri 10-Jun-11 19:04:54

Good luck for tomorrow, Em grin

Chilli81 Sat 11-Jun-11 00:17:46

I found it went really really fast until about 37 weeks and now every day is dragging!!!

msbuggywinkle Sat 11-Jun-11 08:59:10

Quickly for me, until the week I gave birth (was the same both times) then it dragged!

LDNmummy Sat 11-Jun-11 11:45:22

First tri and second tri moved so slowly for me. Now I'm at the start of the end and things seem to be going so quickly.

prolificwillybreeder Sat 11-Jun-11 19:17:24

Really fast for me. In fact this whole pregnancy has gone very fast! I've only got 5 weeks left, 7 if he's late.

danio7 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:48:52

29+2 and it's draggggiiinng!
I have nearly prepared the nursery, I have done just about everything to make it go faster. I finish work in 5 weeks though which is good DH has 3 weeks off on holiday which will be the longest we would of spent 24/7 with eachother!!! hurrah!

is anyone else getting really sore in the groin area where the ligaments are stretching? sexy....

Beesok Sun 12-Jun-11 00:12:22

Am "only" 22 weeks but so far I feel like my pregnancy has whizzed by - I almost don't want it to go so fast (yeah, I know - I will eat these words in a few months ;)

I think it depends on how busy you are - I have planned a few short trips in the next few weeks, work is busy as I am trying to sort things out before going on maternity leave and also am trying to leave all the baby organizing until I am off just to make sure I have stuff to do smile

mookickkick Sun 12-Jun-11 09:50:48

I'm totally bored with being huge, and still have 6/7 weeks to go. It's all going sooooo slowly. There's a lot to do still but I don't seem to have any energy at all. Plod plod plod...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: