Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How do you move a back to back baby?

(4 Posts)
mummy22gorgeousboys Fri 10-Jun-11 12:49:42

Hi,

I'm 38+1 and my baby is still back to back and has been throughout the pregnancy.
Getting concerned that he hasn't moved as I've heard labour can be more painful in my back if he stays where he is.
Any tips to get him to move?
Thanks
x

notnowbernard Fri 10-Jun-11 12:53:18

Am guessing it's not your 1st by your username smile

The fact that it's not your 1st will mean the baby has a good chance of turning, even if it's during labour

DC2 and DC3 were back-to-back until labour started - DC2 turned about halfway through

I was told crawling on all fours, using a birthing ball lots might help

BettyBum Fri 10-Jun-11 13:01:21

Sometimes babies in the best position turn at the last minute if labour is spent on back. This is because the babies the spine is heavier than its belly so if you spend as much time leading up to labour and the labour itself on all fours, then the spine will drop to the front.

orangehead Fri 10-Jun-11 13:03:35

Apparently sitting on birthing ballas much as you can, avoiding slouching on sofa as that position encourages them to go to the back to back position. Easy said then done when you heavily pregnant and shattered at the end of day and just want to slouch on the sofa. Going on all fours and wiggling bum in the air grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: