Talk

Advanced search

sharing my bonkers pregnancy moment

(21 Posts)
titferbrains Fri 10-Jun-11 10:50:40

Last night I burst into tears and turned to DH for a cuddle - because I am panicking about making sure DD feels just as loved as always when DC2 comes along. She is just the happiest kid ever and I can't bear the idea of looking at me and wondering why I'm not giving her the same love and attention as I have for the past 2 years.

Have read loads of posts about mothers feeling like they won't have enough love to go round but even DH had a chuckle while I snivelled on his shoulder and asked if I'd been getting crazy pills from the doctor again...grin

Anyone else feeling completely irrational from time to time?

d0gFace Fri 10-Jun-11 11:58:19

I cryed last night because my partner said it looks like Ive lost weight as apprently I was getting chunky at one point.(Before being pregnant) I know he ment it in a nice way but im still thinking omg he thought I was getting fat!

PotteringAlong Fri 10-Jun-11 12:02:43

I cried last night because the man on 'man v food' lost his eating challenge. he was so close, too... smile

natwebb79 Fri 10-Jun-11 12:07:36

I've been crying on and off since Monday night having watched the Ayrton Senna film. I wouldn't mind but it's not as if I didn't know what happened in the end, and I can't stop blubbing!

Coppernoddle Fri 10-Jun-11 13:32:03

I had exactly the same problem as you just before my DD2 arrived!!! My little girl was only 14 months old! Still a baby herself! I just have to say that it's very natural to worry about that and when baby arrives, it will be the best adventure you and your little girl has every had!!! It will be emotional in both respects of being upset for good and bad. Seeing my little girl with her new sister and love her was amazing! Sometimes when I was breast feeding and she was wandering around aimlessly was very upsetting! You have to find a lovely balance which will naturally come to you once baby has arrived! It's no where near as bad as you anticipate! Just make sure that when baby sleeps you spend quality time at least once a day for 30 mins to an hour with just you and her! But then involve her in day to day things with baby too! (as long as she knows your mum, they can get a little possessive somethings smile ) "let's take baby for a walk and you can show baby the park, let's show baby what you like to do! "
I used to at weekends when hubby was home, feed baby which would give me a two hour window to take my little girl to the garden centre for a little train ride and buy a book. Do be careful not to spoil your little girls with gifts or you'll have a bigger problem on your hands as baby gets a little older! Be fair!
You'll get it! You'll do it without even thinking about it when baby comes!

Eskarina Fri 10-Jun-11 14:12:00

I cried last week because DH had the outright cheek to describe this baby as "well accessorised". It was meant to be a light-hearted dig at the fact that I'm the one doing all the preparation and I had bought a little bit on ebay - but it is due in 9 weeks! I took it to mean he was trying to imply I'm bankrupting us and sobbed my heart out on him. He knows better than to make that sort of comment again!!

lovemysleep Fri 10-Jun-11 14:15:33

lots of dreams about my DH leaving me, or moving some random woman in to have sex with........DH finds this very amusing, and I am obviously feeling vulnerable and not as attractive as usual!! The funny thing is that DH is incredibly loyal...
I do get the odd panic about managing 2 kids too - DD has had our undivided attention for 6 years by the time the baby arrives. I just talk to her alot about it, make sure she always feels that she can come and talk to us about the baby arriving. She will probably have a bit of a wobble but I'm sure she'l lbe fine.

iWILLdothis Fri 10-Jun-11 15:36:23

at least you're crying about something. I cry about nothing sad ....but next min I could be laughing hysterically!!! grin

PrincessJenga Fri 10-Jun-11 16:26:37

I cried when DP farted. "It just smells so bad"
And any time there are children / puppies / old people on TV.

Rootatoot Fri 10-Jun-11 16:35:57

PrincessJenga "I cried when DP farted" LOL!

Thanks for that. I needed a giggle grin

Teladi Fri 10-Jun-11 16:39:35

I cried at the weekend because I was worried new baby would grow up to be a drug lord...

StrawberriesAndScream Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mumswang Fri 10-Jun-11 17:17:46

My dog looked sad. And i remembered how sad I was for her when I first had DS and she wasn't my no. 1 baby anymore. Now she's going to be no. 3. I feel so sad for her <sob> and she doesn't even know <sob> (or care, she's still stupidly spoiled and sleeps on my pillow)

Spuddybean Fri 10-Jun-11 18:23:57

My DP and i are trying for a baby and he cried after we watched 'Anvil'. He was worried he would never achieve enough to look after me and a baby and we haven't even conceived yet!! He kept saying 'what if that's how i end up'? I couldn't help but laugh in his face - he isn't a musician, he works in IT!!!

I dread to think what h/we will be like if/when we do!!

titferbrains Fri 10-Jun-11 22:33:40

thanks for making me feel better. I don't want to know how bad the fart was that made you cry, Princess grin

chocolateyclur Fri 10-Jun-11 22:36:14

I had to hold back the tears when trading in my car for a bigger, more modern one today.

I bloody loved my car. Even though this one is (sssh) better.

d0gFace Fri 10-Jun-11 22:45:37

I watched 'ps I love you' last week, I dont think I've ever cryed so much. Normally I never cry at films, but couldnt seem to stop. blush

Sibella1 Fri 10-Jun-11 23:55:56

I cried when I emailed my kids school telling them we're moving to Australia.

Although that might be a good enough reason to cry, pregnant or not!!

mummytigger Sat 11-Jun-11 04:34:43

I ended up throwing a very massive (albeit accidental) wobbly in Tesco the other week. I've practically lived off their pre-packed Cheese & Tomato sandwiches, and I found out they had been discontinued. Cue the tears right there by the magazine rack!

What made it worse was I decided to drown my despair in packets of Tesco's strawberry laces (3 for £1 - best deal EVER!) and found they were out of stock!! Cue another massive sobbing fit. You'd think I had lost a limb, but I just couldn't help it.

Valiant1 Sat 11-Jun-11 08:35:59

I was crying at Toy Story 3 when dd came in from school and was crying because she was sent to the Head Teacher for picking another child up and dropping her sad I had to try and tell her off and back up what school had said whilst I sobbed my heart out because she was so upset sad she is only 5 and is very tall xxx that night I watched bones and she told Both she was pregnant and he was the farther then it was like niagra falls xx very emotional x

StrawberryMewMew Sat 11-Jun-11 08:50:11

At Easter I was over in Tesco and I seen a little girl dressed in a bunny costume and I ended up sitting outside Tesco crying. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now