Talk

Advanced search

16week mw appointment

(8 Posts)
cookie9 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:04:40

hospital forgot about me so was rushed from mw to doc. Had urine and bp tests but no measurements, weight nor Doppler. Is this usual for 16 week appointment?

InMyPrime Fri 10-Jun-11 10:20:18

Sounds usual to me. I think the pregnancy is still too early at that stage to make any bump measurements very meaningful and Doppler doesn't necessarily work either. Weight is something they don't check at all anymore, I've been told.

Can't confirm for sure though as I didn't get a 16 week appointment - a lot of NHS trusts are phasing them out, presumably to cut costs. Just had my 24 week appt and while they measured the bump and checked the heartbeat with the Doppler, they didn't weigh me. MW said that heartbeat is difficult to get at earlier stages.

Sillyness Fri 10-Jun-11 10:24:20

I'm nearly 30wks. Didn't have doppler or measuring bump until after 20wk scan. Also haven't been weighed since first visit!!

Just urine and bp. xx

buttonmoon78 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:34:36

Bump measuring is only done from 24wks in my trust and dopplers aren't used til after 20wk scan.

Have never been weighed once.

Sounds perfectly normal to me!

cookie9 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:43:39

Many thanks has set my mind at rest.

buttonmoon78 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:45:05

Good - there are more than enough worries to keep you going! At least these aren't some of them smile

OrangeGloss Fri 10-Jun-11 10:46:40

I've never been weighed, bump first measured at 25 weeks, Doppler at 16 weeks but could see why some mw's don't as it took her ages to find it

So yes, sounds about right smile

thegingerone Fri 10-Jun-11 12:43:15

First preg 8 yrs ago MW weighed me a few times (can't remember if it was at 16 weeks) I am was naturally quite slender so that might be why (Check I wasn't TRYING to be thin)hmm
By 2nd pg 5 years no wt EVER done.
I've just had 16 wk mw appointment. MW hardly did anything!! (Love her still! She was also mw for baby1) I did have doppler. Mentioned my blood test from booking appointment. Didn't do the triple/quad test cos I'd had a Nuchel (I didn't realise it was one or the other!) Discovered my BP is high. She was concerned and said she'd keep an eye on it. Told me to come back..........in three months!!!!! confused I kinda sat at the end and asked "Am i done?". Think whole thing took 5 mins!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now