Talk

Advanced search

Doctor's note for flying

(7 Posts)
tiggersreturn Thu 09-Jun-11 23:10:41

I'm going to need one of these very soon and have a rather silly question. When the air lines talk about having doctor's permission ie " You may travel up to week 28 of pregnancy with your doctor's written permission. " do they mean consultant, gp or any old dr you can find? (I do the latter for another condition I have).

Hospital have said up to 28 weeks is fine (I'm expecting twins and am high risk for other things) but getting a letter out of them is often difficult and likely to have my name spelt wrong.

Isthreetoomany Thu 09-Jun-11 23:22:06

I've not ever needed to do this, but I would assume it can be from any medical professional as isn't it just confirmation that you are X number of weeks (rather than any more detailed statement about your specific state of health/risk factors)?
So I would imagine confirmation from your GP would be fine.

RingEir Thu 09-Jun-11 23:31:55

I did this recently, and the airline had a form that you fill out and get your gp to sign. Basically it is just to confirm you are 28 weeks or under. I was 31 weeks flying out and 32 coming back, I was quite the novelty on the planesmile

Laura05 Fri 10-Jun-11 08:58:49

I was 29weeks when I flew. I just got a letter from my gp which I had to pay for. No one at the airports even mentioned I was pregnant but then again I only have a small bump.

reallygrumpy Fri 10-Jun-11 09:30:27

Hi, I flew recently and just got a letter from my GP which was fine. You could always call the airline to check what they want.

KittyLilith Fri 10-Jun-11 12:43:25

Hi I flew at 24 weeks last month. I asked my midwife for a fit to fly note and she sorted it out. There was no charge, just had to collect it the next day.

tiggersreturn Sat 11-Jun-11 23:27:49

Thanks for the responses. I'm flying with Aer Lingus has anyone done it with them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now