Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How many weeks pregnant am I?

(7 Posts)
kathybump Thu 09-Jun-11 21:41:42

Hi. I'm pregnant but I don't know how far along I am. confused My dates say 12 weeks, but I had a scan on Wednesday and the sonographer said only 7 weeks. Anyone else had this?

I have been booked in for another scan in 2 weeks to confirm, just in case it was due to the position of the baby that she couldn't get a clear view.

kathybump Fri 10-Jun-11 21:30:54

This is my first pregnancy. I'm a little worried that my baby isn't developing properly. Is it possible for the sonographer to get it wrong? Am I just worrying about nothing?

2cats2many Fri 10-Jun-11 21:34:21

How regular are your periods? I can't see how you could think 12 weeks and the scan say 7 weeks, unless your periods were wildly unpredictable. I'd trust my dates if I were you.

kathybump Fri 10-Jun-11 21:41:09

My periods are regular as clockwork and I've not had one since 13th March. If I trust the dates should I be worried that my baby appears to be 5 weeks smaller than it should be? How likely is it at this stage that it could just seem smaller due to positioning etc?

lolajane2009 Fri 10-Jun-11 21:46:02

i'd trust the sonographer tbh as there is a huge difference in the size at 7wks and 12 wks. but that is just me.

2cats2many Fri 10-Jun-11 21:49:39

My sonographer was 3 weeks out with my last pregnancy. I knew the first day of my last period, am regular as clockwork, etc. Sure enough, baby came 'early' (although not really) and was massive, so try not to let it worry you too much. Everything might be fine at your next scan.

kathybump Fri 10-Jun-11 21:53:19

Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I'll just try not to stress about it for the next couple of weeks and see what the verdict is at the next scan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: