Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Night out in central London 37.5 wks pregnant - madness? WWYD!

(11 Posts)
perrinelli Thu 09-Jun-11 14:46:47

One of my closest old friends is having a do at a bar in central London on Saturday night for her 30th birthday. I'm 37 1/2 wks with DC2. DC1 came at 39 wks. It had been assumed that I wouldn't go, especially because I had pre-eclampsia with DC1 and have had some high blood pressure in this pregnancy but now it has really settled down and I have been feeling really quite good since starting maternity leave.

Am starting to think maybe I should go along for a bit, it would involve walking to the station, getting the train and tube etc. Thought I could maybe get train there and a cab back which would prob take about 30 mins. Thought would go on my own (will have close friends there) and DH will stay home with DC1.

I know it's a really individual thing but wondered what others think/feel? Is it madness? Might it be too tiring? What if my waters broke on the tube!!! Don't want to set off then regret it. Have been going out and a bit locally but have generally been taking it quite easy and not been walking that far.

Wouldn't drive there myself but maybe if we got a babysitter DH would drive and come with (but then whenever we get a babysitter I feel we have to stay out quite late to make it worth their while!)

lookout Thu 09-Jun-11 19:12:51

Definitely go! If you feel tired you can always go home early. Get out while you can wink

buttonmoon78 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:38:43

If the worst happens (waters breaking or something) you'll be treated like a celebrity!

If you're feeling well enough to go then go. Have a great time. Maybe if you do a bit of dancing then baby will decide it's time to come out grin

Isthreetoomany Thu 09-Jun-11 20:19:19

I won't be going out in central London at 37.5 weeks, but my DD was born at 38 weeks. Also I don't go out in London that often, and remember in my last pregnancy I went for a day (and evening) in London when I was only around 5 months and found it absolutely knackering.
But if you are used to central London, and want to go, then go for it.

nicolamumof3 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:23:25

do it! If you're feeling well enought (and im v. [jealous] at 35w i am still suffering MS and can barely walk due to spd!) its easy enough to get back if you are feeling tired?

smellyeli Thu 09-Jun-11 20:24:55

Go! I am 37+5 today, and playing in a concert at the weekend! Leave your hospital bag and notes in a prominent place in the hall, make sure someone is available to relieve DH at home in case something does happen and then - enjoy yourself. You will be treated as a minor celeb (hopefully!) and have a really nice evening with your friends. I've never got my head round this not going anywhere business and just stupidly carried on as normal! Fingers crossed for you and have a great time.

buttonmoon78 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:33:35

I am jealous too Nic. No ms but, as you know, spd!

Last time I saw midnight was when I got up do do a wee grin

nicolamumof3 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:40:12

grin

reallygrumpy Thu 09-Jun-11 20:49:24

If you feel well enough then go, I'm going to see Take That at 37 weeks! If it was me I'd get there early and then leave early before people start getting too drunk. You could pre-book your cab home (I've used Addison Lee alot - v reliable) and then you won't have to try and find a cab at the end of the night. And I bet your friend will be so pleased you've made the effort.

lollystix Thu 09-Jun-11 21:09:12

Just go - what's the worst that can happen? You call an ambulance! You could be 2 weeks late. I was out on a night out at 39 weeks.

aethelfleda Thu 09-Jun-11 22:47:28

If you're up to it, then go, but pop your mat notes in your bag just in case (and leave your hospital bag in the hall with instructions to your OH that if you text he's to bring it to you pronto!!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: